This position will report to the Sr. Pricer/Estimator and will be responsible for independently applying advanced pricing techniques, requiring extensive pricing, financial and estimating experience.
This position will be responsible for formulating pricing solutions and models for US Government Requests for Proposals starting with the receipt of draft RFPs through final bid submission. This typically requires experience interpreting the RFP pricing requirements, refining pricing models to align with specific RFP, and developing the bid for submission.
Responsibilities also include working with teams of other pricers and subject matter experts in forming basis of estimates that support the pricing models.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Reviews Government Request for Proposals (RFP) and Invitations for Bid (IFB) to determine general and specific cost requirements, and ensures proposals comply with all RFP requirements.
2. Develops formats for cost proposal data to comply with Government requirements and the Corporate Estimating Manual client submission.
3. Secures current and relevant indirect rates and applies to direct cost in pricing models.
4. Receives pricing data, and makes recommendations on methods, procedures and techniques for pricing proposals. Align computer pricing models to specific requirements of RFPs and IFBs.
5. Participates in strategy meetings and provides input on cost related matters as required, including cost strategy for initial proposal and subsequent revisions.
6. Examines and analyzes cost data relevant to labor, materials, supplies, repair parts, equipment and other expenditures.
7. Participates in the development of detailed cost rationale and retains backup information to support bid.
8. Analyzes contracts for relevant cost data, trends, historical data, work categories and other related information.
9. Prepares internal company Bid Fact Sheet financial input to include cash flow and internal rate of return analysis for all proposals.
10. Ensures price proposals are prepared in accordance with FAR, CAS and Corporate Disclosure Statement.
11. Prepares pricing presentation to management.
12. Performs other duties and assignments as required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Excellent computer, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required. Computer skills include a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook as wells as other estimating and Financial software.
Work will primarily be in an office environment. On occasion may be required to travel for short periods to participate in proposal planning activities including site visits, Industry Days and conferences.
Physical requirements include lifting, climbing, extended sitting or standing, or other physical efforts that are normally required. In addition, visual acuity, hearing and speaking requirements would be considered. Consider this section carefully, any physical requirements must be able to be tied back to the major job activities. Refer to the general physical requirement, physical activities, visual acuity, and working conditions checklist for more information.