Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?
There is only one way to build an awesome institution: to attract exceptionally talented people who are aligned with the mission of the organisation and make them partners in success. At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organisation that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alums, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in over 50 cities across 11 countries and host over 6million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
We are looking for a rock-star data scientist who is driven by figuring out people's intentions with squeezing the story out of the data and predicting users' future behaviour. The candidate will focus on building new pricing models, identifying the impact of pricing actions across a large portfolio and geographical footprint, and leading/training the more junior data scientists on the team.
• Analyse impact of pricing actions
• Produce actionable insights on a regular basis
• Treat markets as clients and build data-driven relationships
• Find new areas of analyses in the business
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on data-driven execution and planning, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. For this unique role, additional qualifications are:
• Data scientist qualifications - Masters degree with top level success
• Either R (plyr, dplyr, ML packages, e1071, MLmetrics) or python (pandas, sci-kit, NuPIC)
• for mining data from databases: SQL at least, then HQL (hive) and sparkSQL etc.
• Zeppelin, Redash (presto) etc will be useful
• A successful completion of a numerical degree (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Operational Research
• At least 5 years experience within an analytics role
• The ability to interpret complex data, apply advanced statistical techniques, and work with unclean data
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
Finance / Treasury