International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
• This year s average diploma score across NAE was 10 per cent higher than the global average.
• Our groupwide average IB diploma score was 33 points out of 45, surpassing the 2018 average of 30.
• 34 NAE schools offered the IB diploma this year, with 1269 students sitting the exam.
• More than 130 students across the family of schools achieved more than 40 points out of 45.
• We also had four students achieve the perfect score of 45.
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
• 50.1 per cent of grades at the equivalent of A*/A (grades 7-9 in the new GCSE framework), compared to 20.6 per cent of students across the UK achieving the same results.
• 39 per cent of grades at A*/A, well above the global average of 25.2 per cent.
• 63.8 per cent of grades were A*/B for the year, also well above the global average of 51.1 per cent.
• 100 per cent pass rate for the second year running from all three NAE schools offering this qualification: Coll ge Alpin Beau Soleil, Coll ge Champittet, Pully and Coll ge du L man
• 32 per cent of students receiving mentions tr s bien for their diploma.
About the role
We ll look to you to promote high expectations for our students, designing learning activities that are aligned to our school s Primary curriculum, which is based on the English National curriculum and the IPC as well as meeting the curricular requirements of Qatar s Ministry of Education. We want you to create a learning culture where there are no limits to what can be achieved. You will foster an environment of respect within the classroom, facilitating learning through questioning and discussion.
Able to adapt quickly to our fast-paced international environment, you will bring a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and considerable teaching experience to the table. Committed and creative, you will be reflective on your own teaching and student outcomes, seeking out and implementing new ideas and innovative methods to raise the school s level of achievement.
Keen to collaborate and share your specialist expertise, you will be a fitting ambassador for the school. You will communicate with confidence across diverse audiences and situations, using your expertise to build strong relationships with parents and students. You will also be able to meet visa and teacher licensing related restrictions for Qatar. In order to satisfy the Ministry of Education regulations, as a Primary class teacher, your first degree must be from a face-to-face establishment (not online) and your age must be below 50 on entry to the country.
When you join a Nord Anglia Education school, you join a global community of more than 13,000 people working together to support our students success. We offer you unsurpassed opportunities to innovate and develop best practice across our family, to access extensive professional development, and to gain exceptional experience and career development in our schools. At Nord Anglia, you will have opportunities to progress more, learn more, and collaborate more.
We offer career and development opportunities that come with being part of our global organisation. Nord Anglia University unites our team through a vibrant online platform, which harnesses the collective expertise of peers in an exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practice. We also provide extensive online and face-to-face professional development through Nord Anglia University to ensure that our teachers don t just maintain their skills, they develop at the cutting edge of educational thinking.
Our collaborations with The Juilliard School, MIT, UNICEF and King s College London, offers our teachers unrivalled access to leading experts in their fields. We also offer selected candidates from our staff worldwide an opportunity to earn their Executive Master s in International Education in an exclusive collaboration with King s College London.
Alongside great training and a competitive package, you ll enjoy the chance to live and work in one of the world s most vibrant cities.
As a Nord Anglia Education teacher, you enjoy the following benefits:
• A fast-paced, global experience so that you can progress on a global scale
• An enabling environment founded on creativity, challenge and collaboration
• A culture that is fair and consultative
• Unique opportunities to grow professionally and develop your career
The closing date for application is Friday 3rd January. First stage interviews will be conducted by Skype or telephone and final interviews will take place at the Nord Anglia Education Recruitment Event in central London in the week commencing 21st January 2020 (alternative arrangements will be made for candidates who cannot attend in person).
Start Date: 15th August 2020
At Nord Anglia Education we are committed to providing a world class, safe, happy environment in which children and young people are able to thrive and learn. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our pupils irrespective of race, ability, religion, gender or culture.
All post holders in regulated activity (having regular unsupervised contact with children) are subject to appropriate national and international vetting procedures including satisfactory criminal record checks from both your country of residence/birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.