AMSI are hugely excited to begin the search for Founding Principal for our new American curriculum school which will open in Dubai in September 2018.
The school Principal serves as the educational leader of the school who guides the whole school towards achieving its stated mission, vision and core values. She/he is responsible for implementing the school s policies, procedures and regulations, securing that all students are supervised in a safe and supportive environment that meets the mission, vision and core values of the school. The school Principal establishes and manages work relationships in the school and community so that all students have an equal opportunity for self-realization and self-fulfillment. She/he has the chief responsibility in leading and managing the day-to-day operations ensuring the provision of high quality education and continuous improvement in the school.
The school Principal serves as the primary leader of the school in developing and implementing policies, programs, and budgets in a way that supports the educational development of all students, and the professional development of each member of the staff.
The school Principal oversees, supervises, and guides the daily operations and educational programs at the school in conformance with policies and regulations set by AMSI, the KHDA, as well as other related government agencies and relevant authorities. The Principal performs administrative tasks which promote an exemplary educational program through the realization of the school established goals that are aligned with the school s MVC. The Principal supervises all staff in the school and works collaboratively to guide and support all members of the school staff. She/he maintains a positive learning environment, directs and maintains the financial management of the school budget as adopted by AMSI. The Principal also interprets and communicates the school's program to teachers, parents and the community.
The Principal also acts as the school s representative during school inspections and accreditation visits. She/he is the person accountable for the school s performance and standards. She/he is also the school s representative during visits from local and international agencies and organizations.
As part of his duties, the Principal shall ensure that Arabic language and the Emirati heritage are promoted as part of the school culture and curriculum545 and that all Emirati students are making at least good progress in all aspects of their education and development
As the leader of the school, the Principal demonstrates high levels of ethical and professional standards. She/he is accountable for the continuous progress of students and growth of staff, and the improved learning environment performance as measured over time by school standards and indicators, in line with the KHDA
The school Principal is expected to work with all staff members in a cooperative and joint effort to lead the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs that are focused on student academic, social, and personal achievement.
The school Principal:
1. Models AMSI s standards of ethics and professionalism
2. Reports to AMSI on school s performance towards achieving high quality
education at the school
3. Facilitates the vision of distributed leadership at the school
4. Manages the dynamics of change in school environments and implements the
5. Creates a stimulating environment to improve communication, encourage innovation, and promote creative interaction
6. Nurtures a culture of personal responsibility, trust, and cooperation among students and staff
7. Provides fair and impartial treatment throughout the school community and fosters diversity
8. Models and promotes among staff a culture of continuous growth and lifelong
learning by developing and following a personal professional growth plan
9. Provides instructional leadership for the school s academic staff
10. Ensures the proper implementation of the school s adopted curriculum and all its associated assessment and certification requirements across all phases of the school
11. Ensures that curriculum, instruction, and assessment are aligned with the
school s MVC
12. Makes data-driven decisions which results in action plans to improve student achievement
13. Uses leadership strategies that appreciate and recognize diversity and
celebrates efforts and achievements
14. Promotes a culture of understanding and use of best professional practices
Curricular and ECA Programs
Ensuring a high quality school program requires the Principal to work collaboratively with all staff members in managing the curricular and ECA programs in the school.
The school Principal
1. Provides for articulation of curriculum within the school
2. Initiates and coordinates proper planning and implementation of instructional activities
3. Follows up with the Curriculum Coordinator to confirm the vertical and horizontal alignment within and across curriculum areas and grade levels
4. Follows up with the Curriculum Coordinator to ensure cross curricular links are well established
5. Provides necessary leadership to ensure that ICT is embedded in all disciplines
within the school-wide programs
6. Encourages teachers to utilize a variety of appropriate instructional
methodologies and resources to cater for the needs of the different groups of students
7. Approves the resourcing of essential and supplementary instructional
materials that would support curriculum implementation
8. Ensures that the assessment policies and provisions are well implemented to
provide an accurate measure of students achievement
9. Coordinates remedial, academic support and enrichment programs
10. Provides for the supervision of school-sponsored field trips
11. Ensures trip coordinators have the necessary knowledge, experience, and qualifications and that suitable safety measures are provided
12. Ensures that the after-school activities, clubs and athletic programs are resourced and supervised
13. Serves as school representative in meetings and activities conducted with local
and international organizations
14. Is involved in the IEP development of students in collaboration with the
SENDCO, LST, parents and teachers
DISCLAIMER The job description above provides an overview of the nature and level of work performed by the Principal. It should by no means be interpreted as a cumulative list of duties. Other responsibilities may be delegated to the candidate for this job
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations
Desired Candidate Profile
• Minimum Masters in education in addition to bachelor degree in subject specialty; preferably holding PhD in education
• 3 years or more of cumulative experience in the same or similar curriculum Schools. Where the candidate has held such positions as Vice Principal, Head of Section(s), or Head of Department, if the candidate has not been a Principal before
• Seven or more years of teaching experience; preferably holding teaching qualifications.
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Financial management skills budgeting, managing expenses, etc.
• Excellent organizational skills, strategic planning skills and efficiency in meeting deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; with a minimum of 7.5 on IELTS
• Good technical skills with technology and presentation tools
• Ability to create and manage work teams
• Ability to manage innovation and educational reform
• Ability to prepare reports evaluations, correspondence forms etc.
• Ability to gather and analyze data and develop clear and significant reports from that analysis
• Ability to plan and evaluate strategies for improving instruction
• Ability to share proven instructional approaches with teachers and administrators in a multicultural setting and interpersonal skills to provide advice and coaching
• Knowledge of effective staff development models that lead to increased student achievement