This is a key strategic role, responsible for translating the EI&A strategy into detailed action for the entire analytics platform comprising of Exadata, Microstrategy and other key architectural runway components. It demands the ability to think strategically across the EIA function from both a business and technology perspective, while also applying detailed technical knowledge and experience to ensure that the solutions developed will meet the exacting requirements of the business and longer term EIA aims.
- Design, develop and govern the EIA Analytics Platform Architecture across all the Business Groups in alignment with Information Management strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. This necessitates engagement with the Chief Information Architect while also taking full responsibility for the analytics platform architecture for all business group programme.
- Responsible for the driving the solution design and development of the Analytics platforms foreseeing the needs of new business requirements or enhancements and coordinate development of a cohesive solution estimate across the business groups.
- Actively drive the planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and explore solution alternatives.
- Evaluate, select, design and implement new tools and technologies as necessitated by the evolving business consumption paradigms across all the EI&A Business groups
- Collaborate closely with Chief Information Architect to ensure a viable, robust, coherent and performant Information Architecture Solution utilising the analytics platform.
- Responsible for driving the architecture decisions across all business area and able to understand the current state, existing gaps and recommendations for improvements needed for the analytics platform
- Identify critical Non-functional Requirements arising across all the business areas to plan for the implementation of necessary capacity/upgrade initiatives
- Create conceptual, logical and physical infrastructure models and determine the most appropriate method to ensure the capacity utilisation of the analytics platform
- Lead the development and documentation of EIA architectural patterns and solution designs for use in real-world EIA solutions.
- Drive the development and maintenance of Information Architecture Guiding Principles & Standards, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience and understanding of potential impact of competing technologies.
- Provide expert solution design consultancy and coaching to the agile delivery teams including standards, exception handling and information architectural patterns.
- Lead solution design reviews ensuring that agile delivery teams are following agreed strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
- Track technology and new business innovations, determine how they relate to the EIA strategy and existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend the existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape.
- Contribute where appropriate to Enterprise Information Management Policies & Standards.
- Work in all areas as per agreed Enterprise Information Management Policies & Standards.