The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.
The WLED provides leadership and expertise in executing the 12 disciplines in Integrated Logistics Support (ILS). The Principal Field Engineer will be responsible for executing and leading tasks in a subset of those ILS elements. These responsibilities can include:
• Utilizing prior experience to assist with the initial set up and facilitation of the in-country work location
• Expertise as the in-country iMRO Super User in regard to providing updated status
• In-Country MEIs/KIT to receipt, inspections, storage, inventory, issue of all materials, chemicals, consumables, expendables, tools & equipment, for the program
• In-Country Local Procurement Logistician responsible for day to day execution, weekly summary reports, requesting in-country vendor quotes, purchasing chemicals, special tools, and providing oversight and support for logistical matters
• Provide iMRO and PRISM in-country management to review and verify quantities received against bills of ladings, contracts, purchase requests, and shipping documents; unload, unpacks, visually inspects, counts, segregates, palletize, and stores incoming supplies and equipment; maintain an accurate stock locator in iMRO and administer document control procedures; packs, crates, stencils, weights, and bands equipment, and supplies storage or shipment; create, assemble bins, shelving and other storage aids, operate material handling equipment (MHE) and provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within this job area.
• Communicating with parties external to the organization (e.g. vendors, customers, etc.)
This role is OCONUS based.
• Eight (8 ) years' experience on a program supporting a complex hardware system to including analysis and management for logistics strategies
• Experience with iMRO system of Direct Commercial Sale (DCS) and Foreign Military Sale (FMS)
• Knowledgeable on working with other sub-contractors/foreign military supply chain personnel, both for commercial and foreign military based receipts.
• Active US DoD Secret Clearance
• Proficient in material handling and OCONUS warehouse operations to enable the receipt, stock, storage and issue of repair parts, consumables, Line Replaceable Unit (LRU) and Battery Replaceable Unit (BRU) spares. The individual is responsible for the receipt, delivery, inspection and/or test of incoming material, central stores/warehousing of program and/or contractor acquired material and packaging and shipping services, as well as properly annotate and document the receipt of non-operational assets from deployed units; processes repair requests to and from the Depot, and make proper disposition of unserviceable or non-repairable items.
• Working with a team, following engineering local procurement processes, Providing Subject Matter Expertise, and developing SAP tools to implementation of Fielding Logistical Data Quality Assurance Matrices and Continuity Data Analytics Frame Work for Raytheon global trade shipment s transportation structure.
• Raytheon R6Sigma Certification and proven record of continuous improvement applications
• Earned Value Management certification
• SAP-based software experience
• Experience writing Bases of Estimate (BOEs)
• Demonstrates the ability to work with peers, superiors and customers in a positive manner and is able to effectively develop these relationships with domestic and international customers.
• General knowledge of automated procurement and logistics tool suites and/or knowledge or degree in information systems.
• Experience developing, analyzing, and reporting metrics
• Experience reporting estimates at complete, earned value metrics, and other financial data (cost and schedule impacts)
• Experience presenting to upper level management and/or external customers
• Familiar with and able to execute RGEMS/ITAR requirements
• Knowledge of foreign language(s)
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor's Degree in engineering or 8 years of relevant field experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. (Two years related work experience can substitute for one year of education)