Principle Network Consulting Engineer Job Description
The Business Entity
Working as part of the Global Security Services organization, the role of NCE involves delivery of both transactional and subscriptional projects to strategic customers throughout the EMEAR theatre. Projects vary considerably between security reviews; design and implementation of security products; and involvement as part of virtual multi-discipline teams as the security lead in large-scale design and implementation projects.
With a varied workload and travel schedule, working as part of a dynamic and highly skilled team, the position offers interesting work for knowledgeable and experienced consulting engineers with strong network security expertise and developed customer-facing consulting skills.
Role & Responsibilities:
- NCEs are expected to be able to take the lead role in projects, managing less experienced engineers to ensure a successful outcome to the project.
- Responsibility for delivery of both transactional and subscription project
- Lead in large-scale design and implementation projects
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in skills in data center , R&S , cloud ( generalist) security (generalist) etc. and deep and primary technical focus.
- The candidate will possess expert level internetworking troubleshooting in a large-scale network environment using security products from Cisco and other vendors.
- Very strong technical account liaison and customer management / consulting skills are mandatory.
The candidate must have a deep knowledge on OSPF and BGP, ASA and Firepower, Focused on core routing products, ISE, AMP + TG, Firewall, ESA and WSA plus Datacenter and Routing and Switching.
- Expert level knowledge in network security including architecture and configuration of Cisco routers, firewalls and a wide range of security products is required.
- NCEs will be CCIE Security qualified.
University/college degree equivalent is expected and an advanced degree is strongly preferred.
Other beneficial qualifications are CISSP, TOGAF, CCDE, CEH, CISA and CISM, or other relevant security qualifications such as those from Check Point, Netscreen, Symantec etc.