The Principal – Senior Reliability/APO Engineer shall work to define, develop, and implement reliability-based solutions. These solutions include but are not limited to: Maintenance Program Assessments, Master Asset Lists, Asset Hierarchy, Asset Criticality Ranking, RAM modelling, Critical Spare Parts, Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Pareto Analysis, PM Development and Optimization, Predictive Technologies, and Reliability Analytics.
The Reliability Engineer shall make major contributions towards developing and continuously improving the standard ASBG workflow processes for the defined solutions.
The Reliability Engineer shall track and improve client asset availability, reliability, and reduce overall operating costs through the improved system and process implementation. The role will collaborate effectively with client operations teams to develop and establish strategies and methods that improve maintenance processes and procedures resulting in enhanced asset performance.
• Hands-on maintenance and engineering experience in a variety in oil & gas/petrochemical industry
• Both tactical and strategic knowledge of the principles of preventive and predictive maintenance, reliability-centred maintenance, and asset performance standards.
• Extensive experience preparing assessments, FMEA reports, RAM modelling and the ability to produce sample documents if requested.
• Experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
• Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Capable of interacting with multi-discipline teams including operators, technicians, engineers, supervisors, and managers.
• Able to travel as required.
• Previous maintenance and reliability consulting experience
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related scientific subject.
• Minimum 15/10 years’ experience in maintenance and engineering.
• Recognized Subject Matter Expert in asset reliability.
• Experience with a CMMS system(s). (Maximo, SAP, Datastream, Infor, etc.)
• Strong track record of success with implementing a broad array of asset reliability methodologies.
• Interested candidates must be willing to travel regularly to customer sites around the Middle East and Internationally as needed.
• Significant prior field consulting experience with computerized maintenance management systems and/or Reliability Services (e.g. RCM, RAM, Maintenance, Asset Data, Storeroom Operations) and/or Training
• Knowledge of all functional aspects of maintenance operations including material management and organizational work-flow
• Experience with MS Windows-based project management and other personal computer productivity products
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on APO projects for Middle East clients – in particular, ADNOC and ARAMCO.
• Effective collaboration style with strong communication skills
• Ability to publish technical articles to support the ABSG brand
• Ability to create on-going business and develop lasting relationships with customers
• Ability to demonstrate value-added proposition to our customers
• Creativity – ability to recognize and evaluate complex situations, synthesize information and develop a path forward using conflict resolution skills as required
• Root Cause Analysis – the capability to identify and evaluate multiple causes of a particular project issue, synthesize the most probable solution and “sell’ the solution internally and to the Customer
• Excellent Oral, Written and Presentation Skills – presents with professional and personal credibility
• Professional Presence – the ability to assess a customer environment and adapt a style when interacting with customers in a confident manner appropriate to the context
• Ability to collaborate well with others including use of the following tools: Brainstorming, active listening, problem-solving, conflict resolution and serving in multiple team roles (and changing roles when necessary)
• Ability to organize and manage a project/set of tasks with strong attention to detail