, Posted on May 17, 2018
• Design, develop and govern the solution architecture of the Group in alignment with corporate business and IT strategies, ensuring appropriate balance between functional, service quality and systems management requirements. This necessitates engagement at the strategic enterprise level while also taking full responsibility for the solution architectures implemented by individual projects and programmes.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES LINKED TO OBJECTIVE AREAS
• 1. Contribute to the development and maintenance of Architecture Guiding Principles, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience.
• 2. Lead the development of new corporate IT standards, analysing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those standards.
• 3. Lead the development and documentation of architectural patterns and solution designs for use in solutions. Provide expert consultancy and coaching on these to project teams.
• 4. Track technologies and new business innovations, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend the existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape.
• 5. Lead a team of architects to deliver architecture for the assigned area viz., information, application or technology architecture, taking full responsibility for the detailed level architecture provided. This involves guiding the development of solution scenarios/ stakeholder model and identifying and evaluating appropriate strategic solution options.
• 6. Provide expert advice to projects on technical and architectural standards, guiding them on the need to raise exception requests, develop new or amended standards, and on the appropriate use of architectural patterns.
• 7. Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate strategic direction and alignment to architectural standards and patterns.
• 8. Lead a strategic incubator project that will take a strategically significant new or innovative technology or architectural approach. This involves recruiting and managing the development team, taking full responsibility for the solution architecture, leading the design and development of the solution, and taking overall responsibility for the management of the project, its budget, timescales and dependencies. Such projects will create the foundations for corporate strategic platforms on which our future critical business systems will depend. Significant experience of major systems architecture is needed to ensure that a robust and scalable solution is developed.
• 9. Collaborate closely with Enterprise Architects to ensure alignment of Information, Application and Technology architecture to the overall enterprise architecture principles and framework.
• 10. Establish SMART objectives, career development plans and training for direct reports and provide appropriate mentoring and coaching. Conduct timely annual and interim performance reviews to cultivate a high performance culture.
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :
Architecture / Interior Design
Desired Candidate Profile
• * Problem Solving and Decision Making
• * Leadership
• * Influence and Negotiation
• * Customer Service orientation
• * Business Awareness
• * Interpersonal Ability
• * Process Improvement Techniques
• * Knowledge of Six Sigma or Green Belt Certified
Job Specific Qualification
• Process Improvement Techniques Knowledge of Six Sigma or Green Belt Certified.
• Job Specific Qualifications - Additional
• Good knowledge of PSS systems generally and specific knowledge of one/many elements within that.
• Broad aviation experience gained first hand through involvement with an airline.
• Needs high standard of technical architecture capability.
• Needs knowledge of Java, NoSQL and relational databases, distributed systems, High Availability, Infrastructure and Software resilience, chaos monkey techniques, moderated interfaces and graceful degradation, SOA and service choreography, cloud savvy, big data savvy, COTS deployment, interface design, high volume throughput, Open Source software, IDAM, Authentication.
• Ability to design robust systems for Worldwide .use. People facing, team management, articulate, reliable and responsible, good citizen.
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Computers
PG: M.Tech - Computers, MCA - Computers
Doctorate: Doctorate Not Required
Disclaimer: Naukrigulf.com is only a platform to bring jobseekers & employers together. Applicants are advised to research the bonafides of the prospective employer independently. We do NOT endorse any requests for money payments and strictly advice against sharing personal or bank related information.We also recommend you visit Security Advice for more information. If you suspect any fraud or malpractice, email us at email@example.com
People also searched for
Additional Information Required
Employer has requested some additional information along with your application for this job