The Private Sector Engagement Officer will take responsibility for communications and outreach to the private sector and design and oversee private sector engagement in student programs including internships, mentorship, company visits, and guest speakers in order to develop student networks, to build knowledge of the labor market, and to apply student learning in an employment setting. The Officer will also oversee the project s communication plan and develop communications materials.
Private Sector Engagement
• Consistently conduct outreach to private sector companies and other organizations in Cairo/Giza, Alexandria, Mansoura, and Assiut to develop linkages to the program, secure guest speakers, site visit locations, internship hosts, mentors, etc.
• Lead internship program to ensure that all students complete their required number of internship hours by guiding students in the process (building on training provided by the enhancement team), providing internship connections, and facilitating internship matches when needed.
• Lead mentorship program to ensure that all students have an active mentor, by sourcing and training mentors, training students and matching them with mentors, and monitoring mentor/mentee relationship.
• Arrange for at least one guest speaking session per university per month of the academic year for some or all students (either in collaboration with a specific faculty or on a topic relevant to all students).
• Arrange for regular visits for groups of students to companies to learn about their HR, hiring requirements, and company culture.
• Supervise Career Connections Specialist, based in Alexandria and other consultants.
• Coordinate as needed with other Officers about their students and universities
• Quarterly, collect and contribute M&E data on internships and university/private sector partnerships per the M&E plan
• Regularly collect and submit cost share data, and develop new sources of cost share
• Develop and apply a clear and comprehensive understanding of USAID and AMIDEAST branding requirements for this project and ensure that guidelines are consistently followed
• Create a communications plan for the project
• Collect and organize photos, quotes, and stories, and design materials including 3 newsletters per year
• Oversee the website and social media presence of the HEI program (supported by AMIDEAST Marketing department)
2 to 5 years
Bachelor's Degree at least