Process Control Engineer
Identifies, develops, implements and maintains Base Layer and Advanced Process Control applications, throughout the refinery units to meet SASREF s current and future business objectives & improve current profitability.
• Provide professional process control engineering advice and technical expertise in the development and maintenance of Base Layer Process Control and Advanced Process Control (APC) applications in order to meet SASREF s contractual sales and asset integrity/process safety obligations.
• Specific focus areas comprise base layer process control tuning, DCS troubleshooting, advanced process control applications towards unit reliability.
• Conducts daily monitoring of critical process parameters, Base Layer and APC performance indicators, targets and trends and provides technical advice to support operations in achieving production targets.
• Provides technical advice to operations for optimum Base Layer and APC utilisation to improve plant stability and reliability.
• Train other, local Process Control technologists, Operators and Technicians on process control applications.
• Provide technical support for the IP21 Data Historian to ensure system availability.
• Maintain the Integrity Operating Window (IOW) database and ensure system availability.
• Provide professional process control engineering advice and technical expertise for SASREF business units and departments to support project development, engineering studies, SD/TA plans and activities, materials and contract procurement, I&R improvement programs.
• Ensure the business processes and work activities, relevant to position, are executed in compliance with SASREF policy, procedures and best practice to achieve the business objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner.
Workplace (WPS) and Process (PSM) Safety:
• Ensure that measures to protect personal safety and well-being are always in place and that personal actions do not jeopardize the safety and well-being of others.
• Adhere strictly to all IOWs, Safe Operating Procedures, and Safe Work Instructions - thus preventing potential WPS and PSM incidents at all times.
• Always comply with the Sasref HSE Policy, the 5 Safety Principles and 12 Golden Safety Rules.
• No personal injury or injury to a third party.
• No WPS or PSM incident caused.
• B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 years relevant experience