FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
We are currently seeking qualified Procurement/Logistics Manager candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Cultural Tourism Development in Egypt Activity. This position will be based in Cairo, Egypt and is contingent upon award.
The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits.
Responsible for, and accountable for, the delivery of all procurement and logistics related activities in accordance with the organization s procurement and logistics policies and procedures. Establishes all operational aspects to support project delivery in resource-scarce and highly insecure environments. Leads operational country-assessments, including supply chain management, purchasing, facilities, and fleet management. Serve as the procurement specialist and will be responsible for developing and standardizing operations processes and systems in accordance with home office guidance and directives. Collaborates with colleagues across departments to identify system needs, process bottlenecks, and to develop unique solutions to enable more timely, efficient, and accountable operations. Support preparedness planning across country programs, developing instructional material, facilitating training, and mentoring staff.
• Manages the procurement process and inventory of office supplies, computer peripherals, software, cell phones, furniture,
• Develop standard protocols for essential logistic processes, including procurement requisition
• Identify, establish, and manage supplies
• Determine transportation requirements, secure transportation assets, and manage fleet allocation, including fuel, maintenance, and driver pool.
• Establish and maintain asset and inventory registry, including equipment allocation & maintenance, and dispose of assets in accordance with donor regulations.
• Trains staff on procurement and logistic procedures and policies to ensure compliance with
• government regulations and documentation requirements pertaining to exports.
• Collaborate with HQ support departments to identify operations and administration process bottlenecks and develop solutions appropriate for operations.
• Act as security focal point as required, including management of staff safety and movement
• protocols, management of 3rd party security providers, and development of security standard operating procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• In-depth knowledge of procurement, budgeting, and supply chain management best practices.
• Working proficiency with relevant USAID policies and regulations.
• Working knowledge of managing security protocols for both staff and supplies.
• Capable negotiator, with significant and geographically varied experience establishing contracts, managing vendors, and ensuring products/services are delivered per specifications.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills required.
• May work in insecure locations with minimal infrastructure or amenities.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English and Arabic.
Bachelor Degree or its International Equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistics, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Business Administration. Master or other advanced degree preferred. Certification and/or Degree in logistics and/or supply-chain management preferred.
Requires 5-8 experience managing logistics & operations. Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries preferred. Proficiency with database management software and on-line search tools required. Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas. Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff. Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area.