Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
The objective of the Procurement Manager is to encapsulate all forms of projects and non-projects procurement of assets (goods and services, works, supply agreement, annual maintenance contracts, professional engagement, etc) for the requesting divisions based on the given scope of work. Manage the procurement function by providing efficient services in the procurement works with the focus on the approved budget, Hi-End quality service and cost savings accomplishment.
• Lead a team as assigned by the head of the department to manage Procurement transactions for the projects and no-projects requirements.
• Provide Procurement advices to internal customers to ensure risks are minimized and best value is achieved.
• Prepare Requests for tenders/Invitation to bid documents based on business needs, advise on selection of tenderers, prepare tender evaluation reports, lead and conduct the tender negotiation process up to and including preparing final recommendations for head of department s approval.
• Prepare and present relevant reports at regular intervals on progress against a baseline procurement program and supplier service delivery.
• Adapt standard form of contracts, in conjunction with Group legal.
• Effectively lead the assigned team members.
• Adapt standard form of contracts, in conjunction with Group legal, for the procurement of various maintenance agreements, service agreements, and agreements of purchase.
• Assist the GM of department in drafting the procurement process, workflow, policies and procedures and draft the necessary templates and tracking records.
• Monitor and control the implementation of the approved procurement process to maintain efficiency of daily operations.
• Provide guidance to the assigned team members to ensure governance.
• Comply with the overall organisational forms and processes to ensure internal approvals are obtained in accordance with approved procurement policies and the Delegation of Authority.
• Assist the GM of department in transforming the manual system to automated system of procurement process
• Provide guidance to the assigned team members in SAP functionalities.
• Communicate directly with SAP team to ensure best practice of award and system functions personalization are implemented.
• Provide the complete service interface between customers and Centralised Procurement department and the contractors / vendors by ensuring service requirements are met in accordance with budget and quality.
The Procurement Manager will report to the Regional General Manager Commercial and Supply Chain, however, channels exists for direct communication with other members from the senior leadership team at weekly meetings or as and when required. Specifically, this position works closely with various divisions across the organisation as well as Finance Department.
To be a successful in this role, you should have a bachelor's degree in Business Management or equivalent. Masters in Business Administration is a plus. Certified from the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply is an asset.
Minimum of 10+ years relevant experience in a procurement role preferrably in a project development / engineering environment. With atleast 3+ years at a managerial level.
Experience & knowledge in Contracts. Awareness of best practice in the procurement function. Exposure to detailed cost analysis and bids normalization. Awareness of best practice in the procurement function. Strong knowledge in working with P2P technology such as SAP. Expertise in improving ERP systems functionalities to implement procurement process integrating all business facets.
The Procurement Manager will have to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities, be customer focused and be able to handle multiple and often conflicting priorities. It is essential the incumbent should have excellent influencing and negotiating skills. Strong verbal and writing skills, with regards to contractual communication. Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style. Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment. Have the ability to look at situations from several points of view. Delegate responsibilities effectively. Excellent problem analytical skills and problem simulation. Should have a high comfort level working in a diverse environment. Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done. Manage cross-functional relationships effectively. People management skills & problem solving skills. Excellent managerial & administrative skills however at the same time hands on with day to day business operations. Detail oriented and good reporting skills. Establish clear lines of communication both internally & externally. Strong commercial expertise in driving business results.
We re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Industry Type :
Functional Area :
Buying / Purchase / Procurement / Vendor Management