• Assigned on Project, the Project Procurement Manager is responsible of all the Procurement activities for the Project in terms of costs, time and Quality.
• Under the direction of the Project Manager and follow guidance, instructions and support from the Corporate, Regional Office or relevant Category teams when required.
• Overall management of procurement activities and the different disciplines assigned under Procurement team in Project execution from its commencement, through to completion and close out.
• Procurement Manager will manage a dedicated Project Procurement Team at site and ensure closer coordination among the Team members
• The Procurement Manager will also strive to achieve Procedural integrity on his project.
• Establish in agreement with the Project Manager the Procurement Execution Plan, Logistic Plan detailing Project organization and strategy for the critical Procurement items, works or services
• Organize and execute Procurement activities for materials, services, Sub-contracts in order to provide effective and efficient services to meet the Project and Client needs.
• Establish and manage the Project Procurement Plan and Procurement Tracking Schedule including organization of interface with other disciplines to plan and monitor all coming activities as well as schedule update
• Manage the preparation of the Project Vendor List considering the Client's requirements.
• Concluding the Vendor’s selection based on technical, commercial and risk assessment criteria in coordination with the Project Manager and in accordance with Contractor’s Procurement policies and Main Contract requirements
• Implement and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
• Ensure a close, continuous and efficient interface with Engineering, Project Control, Construction, Quality and Stores dept.
• Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions within the team
• Monitor the compliance with the Procurement Procedures and Client Contractual requirements.
• Participate to the Client interface meeting for any Procurement subject matters.
• Coordinate Procurement activities from the issue of the Material Requisitions up to the delivery of materials at the Project, and assure the Vendor's assistance during Construction and Commissioning activities.
• Ensure proper negotiation with Vendors (T&C, schedule, commercial aspects etc.), commercial evaluation and selection of Vendors
• Ensure proper Contracts/Agreements finalization and Contract follow up
• Vendors’ and Subcontractors’ Management
• Coordinate the Expediting team and ensure the material delivery in full compliance with the agreement and project’s requirements
• Coordinate, lead and supervise all logistics activities
• Issue the Procurement Reports for the Project Management Team and Client.
• Analyze the areas of concern (for procurement related activities), identify risks/impact in project execution and suggest possible solutions and corrective actions.
• Train team on effective procurement processes and strategy
• Overall 10 years’ experience in procurement including 5 years’ as Procurement Manager
• Previous experience in EPC Oil & Gas or Power & Water
• Knowledge of UAE market is an advantage
Key personal strengths:
• Leadership & Team player
• Good communication to interface with project management team
• BSc in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering