More than 10 years of experience in a relevant field and industry, with at least 5 years in a relevant supervisory position
To manage and provide full support to assigned depatments with regards to all technical procurement requirements, ensuring the availability of all products / components at the right time, with optimum cost, and with accurate technical specifications, while complying with the approved procurement standards and financial terms and maintaining an on-going credible relation with the company s vendors , partners and suppliers.
• Prepare the annual Technical Procurement budget plan and submit it to the General Manager / Procurement Director for review and approve to incorporate in the overall department budget.
• Participate in the development of the Procurement department Operational Manual for own area, submits it to General Manager / Procurement Director for review and approval.
• Prepare the standards and performance measures (KPIs) for their team, submits it to the General Manager / Procurement Director for review and approval.
• Collaborate with the Presales team in setting the suppliers and vendors evaluation criteria.
• Prepare Suppliers Evaluation Questionnaire and ensure suppliers complete them and analyze results, to identify the suppliers of choice along with the Presales team.
• Prepare and update regularly the Preferred Suppliers list based on suppliers performance, reliability measures, and inputs from the Purchasing reports.
• Ensure the Preferred Suppliers List is always updated on the system to avoid any inefficiencies in suppliers communication and contractual process.
• Establish, maintain suppliers databases and administer assigned categories and product codes;
• Ensure the preparation and revision of the preliminary Project Procurement Plan (PPP) and BOM, ensure obtaining Project Manager(s) approvals, while also ensuring that the relevant Technical Procurement Engineers attend the project internal kick-off meetings to stay updated with all information.
• Ensure that their team along with the Purchasing responsible, regularly update and review the Project Procurement Plan (PPP) ensuring its timely execution.
• Provide insights on local and international identified suppliers' capabilities, to facilitate the decision of the locally produced components to achieve cost reduction and better lead-time, when possible.
• Interpret contract provisions and review contracts for accuracy and changes prior to bid and renewal ensuring the involvement of the Contracts department for review from a legal perspective and avoid any contractual failings.
• Conduct regular visits to strategic suppliers to follow-up on their performance and to maintain a long-term and credible relationship with them.
• Prepare and submits a monthly activity report to the General Manager / Procurement Director highlighting the material prices, payment terms and the progress of work in the Procurement activities.
• Establish and manage a process to measure and report qualified suppliers' reliability, in terms of quality, delivery time and flexibility in fulfilling orders.
• Communicate with Finance to ensure the most appropriate payment terms per supplier and ensures total compliance to all financial agreements to protect the company s cash flow management.
• Negotiate with suppliers for the company main components based on; best available prices, lead-time, payment terms, quality, and flexibility, reflecting suppliers' reliability, ensuring the involvement of the relevant counterpart from the Presales team.
• Conduct performance appraisals sessions their direct report in due time.
• Monitor the implementation of the on-the-job training to ensure an on-going skills development process to increase team competence.