The Procurement department interfaces with all of the departments and work-streams to acquire supplies and services. The department manages Expo2020 suppliers, oversees and agrees on all contracts for expenditures, ranging from buying pens to securing large companies to complete major construction projects.
The Procurement Manager Tactical (General) is responsible for the delivery of procurement activities, policies and processes through realised procurement outcomes by delivering successful procurement to support Expo 2020 s business needs / providing high-quality items and supplies whilst maintaining cost efficiency.
Main responsibilities for this role include:
- Delivering procurement to the highest standards as expected of Expo 2020;
- Data gathering of key supply chain KPI s, reporting data and delivering action plans;
- Managing staff and day-to-day operations of procurement function, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards;
- Contribute to the establishment, implement and manage the standard contract tendering and contractual documentation;
- Monitor transaction compliance (milestone, deliverables, invoicing, etc.) to ensure all contractual obligations are fulfilled;
- Maintain Contractual records & documentation and ensure Contract close out, extension or renewal;
- Contribute to the procurement strategy document for key projects, disseminate to the team and report progress to ensure alignment to Expo 2020 s overall strategy and objectives;
- Maintain and regularly update qualified business suppliers database, in line with Expo 2020 business needs, to ensure data on suppliers is easily stored, accessed and retrieved.