Who is Guardian Industries?
When you are looking at a city s skyline or on the latest cars and trucks, chances are you re seeing our products. Through Guardian Glass , a Guardian Industries company, we make high- performance, energy efficient glass for homes and buildings. SRG Global , a Guardian Industries company, makes automotive trim products that define a vehicle s DNA and help improve fuel efficiency.
And perhaps most of all, we make the ideas, formulas and processes that make these products possible. Guardian Industries is 18,000 people working to make products that improve people s lives! To Learn more visit our website at: https://www.guardian.com
Guardian Glass is seeking you to become our next Procurement Specialist!
Objectives of this Job:
• To maintain uninterrupted flow of materials/consumables/spares/services etc. to support the operational, administrative and other activities of the company by locating competitive sources of quality goods and services which meet the company s standards.
• Monitor supplier compliance to be in-line with company s compliances and policies in all trade. Maintain Organization reputation and credibility in the market by fair dealings and prompt payments as per agreed terms.
• Uphold and inculcate the Integrity and Customer Focus. Negotiate favorable terms, conditions and pricing to fulfill the timely delivery of services/goods when and where needed.
• To contribute to the financial wellness of the Company by practicing careful and diligent management of purchases and assets through the active participation in planning and implementation of sound financial and ethical decisions.
• Maintain company s purchasing standards based upon policies, risk philosophy, value creation, knowledge, economic and critical thinking skills, sense of urgency necessary to generate the greatest contribution.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
• Daily checking of inventory of critical items/production consumables/ spares etc. as per agreed stock levels. Converting the items under list of re-order stock level in to purchase requests in Procurement system. Prepare daily procurement of parts and materials for assigned area of responsibility.
• Issuing RFQ s/inquiries/tenders and obtaining quotations/offers through Procurement System OR by e-mails. Review catalogs, industry journals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites, and consult with other departments to locate necessary goods and services.
• Analyze and negotiate the offers/quotations/contracts/AMC s and prepare the comparative statements/recommendations regarding awarding of contracts/projects etc. Confer with supplier representative to ensure full understanding of bid requirements and to keep familiar with new or revised products, price changes, or other information that could materially affect the purchasing of items.
• Issue of Purchase Orders to suppliers through Procurement System. Follow-up with suppliers of purchase orders for order acknowledgment and delivery schedules in due time.
• Coordinating with stores and internal customers/ P.O originators for verification and passing of suppliers bills to accounts department to see that payments are made promptly.
• Correspondence and dealing with suppliers, Scrap vendors, carriers etc., regarding collection, pick up, supplies, shortages, rejections etc., reported by the Stores / User Department.
• Providing value added services to the company by constantly striving to find new and better products, sources of supply, and better ways of meeting the needs of the user departments.
• Protecting the company against unfair or unethical trade practices and unrealistic or exorbitant price increases. Anticipate and embrace the change. Challenge the status-quo and drive creative destruction through experimental discovery.
• Maintaining the master vendor and commodity list in Procurement and Inventory systems. Develop and explore of reliable and alternate sources of supply.
• Keeping various Departments/Divisions informed of the progress of their P. O s in case of delay in obtaining supplies.
What You Will Need?
• Graduate with minimum 5-7 years of relevant experience with the exposure in the fields of procurement, Contracts, Strategic Sourcing, Negotiations, Vendor Evaluations, Bidding Process, Commodity Trading, Inventory Management, Stores Management, Imports & Exports, Logistics etc.
• Competent in writing bid specifications, test materials, applying judgement, decision making, risk assessment, analyze and evaluate data, contract writing, accounts and finance acumen etc.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Effective communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external interested parties.
• Proficiency in computer software, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, word etc.), experience in Inventory systems etc.
• Flexibility to work well in a dynamic and demanding team environment. Supervisory skills with responsibility and accountability.
• Technical knowledge with Engineering/Maintenance background is preferable.