* At Farah we thrive on seeing happy guests, colleagues and partners. We believe that each individual that we meet is important, and that we can make a positive difference to their lives. Our purpose is to create happiness one smile at a time.
The Product Category Manager is responsible for providing guidance
and direction for specific product category/categories for park retail
purchases. This person determines what
products the park should sell in the assigned product category/categories. Negotiate the best prices, ensure timely
deliveries, and manage inventory levels, maximizing sell-through and profit
margin. In addition to specific park retail
responsibilities, this position will plan, develop and purchase the product
assortments for Farah projects in their categories of responsibility.
• Must negotiate with suppliers to get the best costs
to the operation and at the same time ensure that they can fulfill the
merchandise requirements in a timely fashion, while maintaining a high-quality
• This person will be closely collaborating with
the Merchandise Manager to develop new and innovative products, product
collections, and high quality guest presentations.
• The Product Category Manager will work closely
with other members of the retail merchandise team to better understand and
effectively manage team-based and individual goals and business philosophies
while maintaining high levels of facility quality and guest satisfaction.
• Responsible for the management of retail
inventories and budgets within his/her respective product categories to ensure
the park meets all established financial goals.
• Studies guest s needs and identifies trends in the
• To actively demonstrate a strong personal
commitment to the business vision. Shows an entrepreneurial mindset that helps
the organization evolve, innovate, and remain as leading edge and effective as
• Responsible for achieving product approvals as
mandated on Farah projects.
• Occasional travel to vendors/suppliers and /or
• Achieve a competency with the retail information
• Read, understand and generate sales and
• Produce product presentations for senior management
for seasonal product deliveries.
• Communicate merchandising strategy to
merchandise operations and visual merchandising teams.
• To attend training and development programs in
order to promote personal and career growth.
• To implement strategic inventory management
process for the department.
• To create and deliver job specific training and
competency testing to colleagues or nominate them for training in order to
equip them with the necessary skills, knowledge and attitude to perform their
job effectively and deliver out of this world experiences.
• To conduct colleague performance appraisals in a
timely, fair and constructive manner in order to promote their personal and
• To coach and discipline colleagues in a fair and
consistent manner in order to motivate and improve performance.
• To communicate relevant information with
colleagues in order to improve internal communication within the department and
• To comply with internal standards at all times
in order to drive and improve business excellence through monitoring,
measuring, analyzing performance and taking corrective or preventative action.
• To understand, follow and enforce all Farah
standard operating procedures in order to exceed the operational requirements
and ensure guests receive the highest standards of quality and service at all
• To enforce and adhere to all UAE laws, health,
safety & environmental policies, industry and company rules and
regulations, reporting any safety concerns or incidents to management in order
to minimize risk and maintain a clean, safe and hygienic environment for all
guests and colleagues.
• To represent and promote Farah in a positive
manner at all times in order to maintain a professional brand image to all
• To listen actively and respond to guest feedback as
well as assess and review guest satisfaction index results and trends in order
to continuously improve and exceed guest expectations.
• Performs other reasonable duties as requested by
Desired Candidate Profile
*As an ideal candidate, you must have:
School Diploma or equivalent. College degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 3 years retail product merchandising
leadership experience in theme parks/hospitality/resorts/retail organizations
• Possess a fundamental understanding of retail
theories and standards, product design and packaging, product sourcing and
delivery, contract negotiation, product inventory control, product display, and
product pricing and sales
• Knowledge and understanding of computer programs
such as Microsoft Office, POS systems, retail inventory control and finance
• Proficiency in writing, speaking, and understanding
the English language
• Ability to monitor and identify problems
proactively. Understanding of how best to utilize all resources available to
quickly and effectively solve problems as they occur and with a strong sense of
• Stays current on new retail trends, technologies,
and processes emerging in the industry and proactively works to develop new
products and services that will improve profits through increased operational
efficiency and/or improved guest satisfaction
• Negotiation skills
• Interpersonal skills
• Leadership skills
• Multitasking skills - Ability to work in a fast
paced, fun, and busy environment managing multiple deadlines
• Knowledge on department budgeting, P&L, and
Interested in this position?