The team lead is responsible for the good functioning and performance of Product dev members (Functional Analysts and Product Owners of his team), from both an individual and collective views.
The team lead is also responsible for the quality of what the team delivers, and must therefore implement the good practices as necessary with support of product Dev Manager, for various aspects of the job like specifications quality, Backlog management on line with Business priorities. Here, quality is to be taken in all its dimensions : Functional defects, Communication internal and external to IT, Backlog ranking...
• Identify and select talents (internal / external). Manage individual and collective performance of the team.
• Assign goals and progress directions to the team members, and monitor them.
• Make regular one on one meetings, to better understand strong and weak points of everyone in the team, as well as their motivations, and to be in a situation that makes it possible to frequently adjust goals.
• Propose trainings when necessary, assign people to the activities that are best adapted to their skills, goals and expectations.
• Propose and validate improvements for the team (workload estimation, development, programming rules, test automation, ...etc)
• Implement software specification best practices, according to the priorities of Ecovadis.
• Actively promote a culture of listening, where information transparency, including bad news, is encouraged.
Team Activity Monitoring
• Provide Status on key activities of his/her team members to Product dev manager
• Manage tasks assignment to his/her team members based on EcoVadis priorities
• Monitor key activities of the team like specification progress, backlog management, etc...