Product Manager II - Careem PAY (Card Products)
Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of the region s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform to include payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem s mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires.
Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 14 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region and host over 33 million users.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Careem PAY is a 100% subsidiary of Careem. Careem PAY was formed in 2018 with a vision to be Middle East s largest digital payments and financial services provider.
The objective of this team is to create reliable experiences for our customers and captains while maximizing the potential of our platform with a view to bringing digital payments to our markets.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Define and direct complex product strategy through organisation leadership and management. You will lead a strong team of product managers that own various product lines within Careem PAY.
• Lead product specification, successful execution and competitive analysis for high-impact products and initiatives. Commonly leads multiple products and initiatives.
• Instrumental in defining optimal product processes, hiring, mentoring and building product teams. Insane focus on data.
• Drive product strategy and roadmap for multiple products and teams working with the engineering, product marketing, and customer teams.
• Widely regarded as technical and business role model across multiple organisations.
• You are expected to engage with everyone in the company and may serve as an external spokesperson for the company.
• Identify good opportunities. Size them up. Make tough choices. Drive the roadmap.
• Critical to understand customer needs (present and future). Ask the right questions and conduct analysis to gain current and future customer needs.
• Product Management experience with a portion focused on large scale and highly available applications with at least 2 years of people management.
• Minimum of 2 years experience within consumer payments.[Digital Payments, Digital Wallets, etc]
• Experience working with cross-functional teams of engineers and data scientists to deliver world-class products.
• Fluent in engineering concepts to capture technical requirements, and ability to translate them for non-technical audiences.
• Proactively recruit, coach and mentor top talent and ensure the team is fully engaged and delivering its very best work.
• Passion for getting data and increasing usage in the product because people love using it.
• Passion and successful track record in championing great experiences, with attention to detail and craftsmanship.
• Ability to effectively lead while also creating product specs, working through operations issues, and helping solve user and technology problems.
• You are an excellent communicator with any audience executive, business, design or technology. You can easily explain complex concepts to people with no domain or technical knowledge and make sure they understand the implications.
• Technical background, such as a Bachelor s degree in in engineering, computer science or related technical field, is also highly welcome.