Customer selling and relationship management
• Deliver expected performance and beyond (sales) in Abha territory for AbbVie portfolio
• Creates a pre-call plan using SMART objectives & effectively evaluates sales calls and documents post-call.
• Uses evidence-based medicine skills during the sales call (clinical papers etc.); sells visually by appropriate use of currently approved sales aids.
• Effectively handles objections or concerns. Consistently gains a logical, reasonable call to action/close on every sales call.
• Educates medical providers and staff
• Identifies, develops and maintains disease state experts and speakers/advocates.
• Utilises innovative approaches and resources to gain access to difficult to see customers and elevates results and outcomes to the brand team level through his/her Sales Manager
• Differentiates AbbVie s value proposition to all health providers assigned
• Continuously strive to gain market intelligence: insights on customer needs, expectations and environmental challenges, which are shared across the in-field teams and leverage to the Brand teams (e.g. dedicates significant effort to the questioning stage of the stakeholder interaction in order to capture valuable insights around needs and expectations)
• Proactively and continuously aspires to serve customer needs in a win-win approach
Clinical and Market Knowledge Development
• Shares best practice to enhance AbbVie business success across the Brand Teams
• Proactively initiates, develops and implements a growth plan to develop in current position and prepare for future opportunities.
• Demonstrates in depth disease, product, market t and competitive intelligence expertise.
• Has a deep understanding of the emerging multi-stakeholder environment
• Continuously analyses sales reports (CRM etc.) and field intelligence.
• Develops and continually reviews and updates a thorough engagement plan focused on key customers to exceed sales goals.
• Develops a cycle journey plan that optimizes coverage and frequency to key customers and ensures the ability to achieve call plan metrics.
• Accurately identifies customer position on sales cycle. Effectively targets and tracks resources to maximize sales opportunities (budgets, samples etc). Adheres to industry and AbbVie compliance requirements while managing the territory.
• Consistently achieves set call metrics (days in the field, target coverage and frequency, call rates etc.) to maximize sales.
• Maintains accurate sample accountability in line with policies. Completes all administrative tasks on time and accurately while meeting communication expectations as per guidelines (Dial in, e-mail etc).
• Works effectively in the district in field teams, either as a co-ordinator or a stakeholder facing team member
• Mentors new Sales reps to enhance collaborative ways of working in the multidisciplinary in field team
• Networks in the district in field team to ensure support from other in-field roles or other identified roles within the organisation to best address the customer needs (e.g. coordinate with MSL through the District Sales Manager to ensure effective KOL management)
• Responds to critical business opportunities and threats, leveraging his input to the Brand team through his/her Sales Manager
• Develops a thorough action plan focused on key customers. Proactively identifies business opportunities. Allocates and adjusts resources to maximize ROI. Plan includes creative, measurable tactics to gain access and deliver added value to customers.
• Develops and manages an ongoing cycle plan that improves team efficiencies and adapts to changing needs. Consistently achieves coverage and frequency targets.
• Utilizes knowledge of disease state, benefits over competition, patient type and product information during customer and peer interactions. Demonstrates an in depth knowledge of available resources and leverage knowledge to drive business.
• Proactively identifies customer style and tailors all aspects of selling model including resources to meet customer s needs. Leverages relationships to support the business relationships and sell AbbVie products
• Adapts to any selling environment, customer behaviour and personality while maintaining rapport
• Recognized as an expert resource by customers and AbbVie
• Operates effectively in a matrix environment
• Practical knowledge and understanding of customer/disease area requirements .
• Knowledge of territory and relationships with key customers already established
• Demonstrates in-depth product, therapeutic, competitive and scientific knowledge. Maintains knowledge of market challenges and opportunities.
• Maintains a thorough knowledge of internal and external support programs, which he/she can leverage to achieve his/her goals
• Bachelor degree in pharmaceutical studies, or relevant industry sales experience
• Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
• Job Type: Experienced
• Schedule: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.