- Accomplishes manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures, Act as site leader and drive achievement of site vision and goals/objectives.
- Determine and implement improvements to production process
- Plan, implement and control production schedule in coordination with relevant departments
- Guarantee the effective implementation of GMP requirement related to manufacturing of sterile medicinal products
- Perform batch review for batch release/rejection purpose
- Write, review and approve all SOPs related to production department
- Review and approve production manufacturing formula and participate in writing finished product specifications, raw material specification and packaging material specifications
- Participate in any investigation related to deviation that may involve risk to product quality and ensure implementation of effective CAPA
- Represent the department with active participation in GMP inspections and other audits as required.
- Review QC and production data to ensure all products are being produced according to specification.
- Work with Plant Manager and quality assurance to ensure products are produced efficiently according to established production rates to more effectively manage equipment and personnel
- Maintains smooth work flow by monitoring production process, observing critical control points, equipment s, personnel and resources.
- Participate in the review of annual product review documents related to the department.
- Plan and coordinate training schemes leading to the development of cross-trained, self-directed work teams in line with total quality management concepts. Schedule equipment and shift personnel in the most efficient manner based on availability of equipment, personnel and raw materials, in order to meet customer requirements and sales forecasts at the lowest possible cost
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy
- Must have at least 3-5 years experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment, with at least 3 years in a management role
- ISO9001 and GMP knowledge is a must.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong production planning skills required (ERP systems or similar)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Possess strong leadership skills and project management skills
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must possess proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, administrative skills, and an ability to multi-task and excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Languages: Arabic, English
Iraq - Al Diwaniyah province