Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of goods, such as inspectors, machine setters, or fabricators.
• Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
• Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
• Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
• Observe work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
• Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
• Keep records of employees' attendance and hours worked.
• Read and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
• Production and Processing: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
Industry Type :
Automotive / Automobile / Auto Accessories
Functional Area :
Production / Manufacturing