College of Arts and Sciences
The College is distinguishing itself as a major contributor towards economic diversification within Abu Dhabi and the region, particularly through its close alignment with growing regional industries in key themes such as Energy, Aerospace, Healthcare, Transportation and Telecommunications.
The College of Arts and Sciences is a vibrant community of academic scholars, students and staff who are dedicated to science education and innovation for the ultimate benefit of society. To serve this purpose, the College empowers students with a great sense of purposeful academic curiosity and appreciation of the social and environmental context within a rapidly changing world
Humanities and Social Sciences Department
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences is part of the College of Arts and Sciences and runs an interdisciplinary, diverse but closely related set of courses that underpin and provide analytical context to science and technology oriented degree programs across the University. Our courses include Business/Management/Entrepreneurship/Economics, Islamic Studies and Arabic Language, Sociology, History, Philosophy, and Communication, among others. The department also offers a Master s degree in International and Civil Security.
Detailed information can be found at: http://www.kustar.ac.ae/pages/department-of-humanities-and-social-sciences
Khalifa University now seeks to appoint a Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences is responsible for the leadership of advancing the teaching, research and service activities of the departmental faculty and for managing the departmental needs, including resources, budget and personnel.
Main responsibilities of the position include:
• Faculty recruitment, development and retention
• Curriculum development and review
• Facilities development, maintenance and updating
• Leading the development evaluation of faculty research.
The Chair reports directly to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and is the primary liaison between department and college. Additionally, the Chair will be an advocate for the department and will ensure that the interests of the department continue to be presented and understood at all levels of the University.
Candidates for the position of Chair of Humanities and Social Sciences must have a full range of qualifications, experience, and abilities to offer the leadership and fulfill the tasks described above, including:
• Doctoral degree in Business/Management, International and Civil Security, Technology Management, Healthcare Management, Political Economy or a related field in Humanities and Social Sciences from an accredited institution.
• Minimum of 12 years teaching and postgraduate research experience (at least 5 of which should be at the level of Professor).
• Minimum of 5 years scholarly activity and research and a record of leadership showing interpersonal skills and organisation ability, strong research background and funding records with recognised professional accomplishments in the relevant field, and a commitment to excellence in teaching at both undergraduate and graduate levels are required.
Industry Type :
Education / Training / Teaching / Academics
Functional Area :
Teaching / Education