The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a German non-governmental, non-profit organization and committed to the ideas and basic values of social democracy. With its projects in over 100 countries, the FES supports building and strengthening civil society and public institutions. Since more than 50 years, the FES Lebanon Office cooperates with local partners in the areas of reconciliation and inclusive dialogue, social security, sustainable development and the empowerment and integration of women and youth.
Job Purpose and Responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Resident Representative of FES, and in coordination with the Program Managers, the Project Assistant & Admin Officer ensures the efficient functioning of the project administration and maintains public relations; he/she:
• oversees and ensures the adequate announcement of any and all FES Lebanon activities to targeted audiences and/or the greater public, and the publishing and distribution of outcomes and results of such activities;
• keeps planning documents updated accordingly;
• supervises the layouting, regular upload and updating of all publications and public relation material on the FES Lebanon website and any social media channels according to FES corporate identity, norms and communication strategy;
• promotes relevant publications and social media content in suitable ways on national and international levels;
• maintains and develops an image data bank for relevant photos, images, illustrations and icons that can be used for publications;
• maintains personnel files;
• settles and/or supervises the settlement of all sorts of administrative affairs with Lebanese authorities;
• collects, documents and regularly updates all relevant information (regulations, procedures, contacts and steps undertaken) in this respect;
• supervises the security and working condition of the office and its installations;
• instructs the support staff according to the needs and norms of the Foundation.
Related Tasks and Duties
As part of these responsibilities, the Project Assistant& Admin Officer:
• collects and displays statistic information and data concerning any and all aspects of FES activities according to occurring requirements;
• keeps himself/herself updated with regard to latest norms and rules concerning FES corporate identity, publication and communication strategies;
• participates in the preparation, layouting and distribution of publications and public relation material;
• monitors and records mentioning of FES in the media.
• establishes and conserves all documents related to HR management (leave, working hours, overtime, ) as well as all documents concerning staff (contracts, notes, sanctions,...);
• keeps himself/herself updated about developments in social legislation;
• keeps himself/herself updated about developments and changes concerning legal requirements, rights and procedures with regard to the current status of the Foundation in Lebanon, and undertakes necessary measures at suitable times;
• organizes the work of the support staff and ensures that the latter implements the tasks assigned to them within the deadlines and meeting the required standards.