IDC is seeking to hire a Program Director for its IT Security Research & Consulting Program, to be based out of the Dubai office. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to contribute to IDC's market analysis and advisory services related to Security technology markets in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region.
IDC is a premier global market analysis, advisory and events firm focused on the ICT sector. We are headquartered in Framingham, MA, USA, and have offices in over 50 countries worldwide, employing over 1500 analysts and consultants. Our headquarters for the Middle East, Turkey and Africa (META) region, is based in Dubai, UAE. The regional business is further supported by offices in Riyadh, Istanbul, Cairo, Nairobi, Lagos, and Johannesburg.
IDC offers information products and consulting services to global and local IT vendors, telecom operators, national ICT development agencies, regulators, and CIOs and IT decision makers across various industries. Our research and advisory cover all major technology markets such as cloud, datacenters, mobility, devices, enterprise software, security, the Internet of Things (IoT), big data analytics and others.
Our solutions support ICT providers in such areas as business strategy and planning, portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategies.
Our information products include market trackers, reports and subscription services, and custom advisory / consulting engagements.
In addition to research and advisory, IDC organizes numerous ICT-themed events targeted at IT decision makers across various industries. The events provide a platform for key stakeholders of the ICT industry to come together to discuss latest technology trends and their impact.
• Develop the IT Security market research and consulting program in the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region by developing, positioning, and delivering high quality research and advisory, mainly to security services providers, telcos and vendors.
• Develop analysis and thought leadership on the IT Security market covering areas such as security vendor strategies, vendor product portfolios, security services models, services companies, telcos' security practices, etc., and domain areas such as managed detection and response, threat lifecycle management, digital trust, governance, risk and compliance, IoT security, cloud security, and others.
• Deliver actionable advice and recommendations to C-level stakeholders at security provider organizations, in areas such as security business strategy and planning, security portfolio strategy, competitive strategy and go to market strategy, and emerge as a trusted advisor to them.
• Author reports and thought leadership articles on regional IT security markets.
• Conduct research and develop client presentations, reports, whitepapers, custom project deliverables, etc.
• Develop strong relationships with senior security business leaders within the regional industry.
• Deliver workshops and speak / present at technology conferences as a thought leader on key IT security market trends and developments.
• At least 10 years' experience in the IT sector, with at least 5 years in the IT security domain, ideally with a security services provider or telco, or a consulting firm, or a security software / appliances vendor, with significant experience in consulting and advisory, product management and marketing, or market intelligence roles.
• Good understanding of the security industry landscape in the Middle East and Africa region.
• A passion for technology and a natural inclination to follow, analyze and comment on latest trends and developments.
• Strong analytical skills and a sharp eye for detail.
• Ability to work in a high-paced, agile and highly collaborative environment.
• Experience of working in a multi-cultural team of high-quality professionals.
• Ability to engage with and advise C-level executives.
• A Master s degree from a reputed university with strong academic record at all levels
• High-value personal qualities - resourceful, responsible, tenacious, independent, self-confident, high energy, etc.
• Excellent English communication skills oral, written and presentation skills.
• Arabic language skills will be good to have
• High proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and similar software
• Willingness to travel (up to 30%)