ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Program Management
- Work closely with the Country Director, senior management, and field teams to determine the operational needs of the program within the scope of the grants
- Work with field teams and logistics to procure program supplies within program budgets, including through the creation of procurement plans.
- Oversee existing programs, to monitor effectiveness, appropriateness and cost effectiveness.
- Work closely with Health and Nutrition Coordinator, WASH Coordinator, and FSL Coordinator in development, improvement and expansion of projects.
- Lead development of essential standardized toolkits (such as referral protocols, communication procedures, best practice guideline, etc.).
- Regularly update country office on progression of programs as per protocol.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Support program resource allocation and management
- In coordination with in-country technical team, (health, nutrition, mental health, WASH, food security), oversee activity implementation
- Support management of potential partner relationships
- Ensure all programs are implemented according to strategy, work plans, and budget, in addition to meeting indicators in a timely manner
- Complete regular visits to the field to ensure proper implementation of activities, determine programmatic gaps, etc.
- Liaise closely with Finance and Admin Director to ensure all programs are on track for financial spending, including through the creating of spending plans and monthly pipelines
- Coordinate grant kick-off meetings for any new funding received, including program, logistics, and finance
- Provide regular program updates to IMC Headquarters staff, including reporting on areas of interest to promote IMC s mission and programs in the area.
2. Proposal Development and Grants Management
- Conduct assessments and contribute to production of proposals for new projects
- Plan and design quality programming, in line with country strategies and in response to donor guidelines
- Oversee development of new proposals, in coordination with various departments and relevant HQ staff, including the creation of relevant and achievable indicators
- Compile program budgets based on project activities in coordination with finance department
- Ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts
3. Support Monitoring and Evaluation Systems
- Analyze data gathered and propose alternative strategies of program implementation
- Oversee compilation of monthly and quarterly reports, ensuring statistics are correct and on time
- Work with the reporting officers to design and implement a reporting system to monitor and evaluate the objectives, indicators and outcomes of the country programs as well as trends in mortality and morbidity
- Use data to plan for future evidenced-based programming
- Attend coordination meetings which are relevant to country programs
- Represent the organization at task force meetings, assessment missions, camp coordination meetings, UN coordination meetings, INGO coordination meetings as appropriate
- Ensure maximum visibility of the agency amongst the NGO community
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to internal and external actors
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies
- Coordinate donor and stakeholder visits to field sites as needed
- Identify training needs of staff, providing internal training as appropriate
6. Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Industry Type :
Medical / Healthcare / Diagnostics / Medical Devices
Functional Area :
Desired Candidate Profile
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Master s degree in Public Health, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study
5+ years experience in program design and evaluation, ideally including supervisory experience and experience in emergency response/programming in humanitarian settings
Familiarity with international humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs
Profound cross-cultural awareness, and ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently
Creativity and the ability to work with limited resources
Excellent decision-making skills
Demonstrated leadership abilities working with other technical specialists and project partners.
Able to produce results within tight deadlines
Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and partnering skills.
Willingness to adapt quickly to arising deadlines, and respond urgently to needs, including working long hours as required.
Ability to speak English. Arabic an asset.
Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical in the English language.
Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts, senior government and rebel leaders and other related regional players
Willingness to work remotely from Amman, as well as travel to Yemen if security permits.
Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
Accommodation, food and transportation provided by the organization.
Health insurance and competitive benefits provided by the organization.
Further information regarding benefits, security, and situation on the field available during the interview process.
While performing duties of the job, the employee may be required to work in precarious and remote places.