About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
As Mercy Corps seeks to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression around the world we recognize that instances of sudden change within a country or region, like the events currently sweeping across the Middle East and North Africa, are rare moments of opportunity. Mercy Corps responds to and is well placed to continue its support to the Syrian crisis across the region.
General Position Summary
The PaQ Manager oversees the Performance and Quality (PaQ) Unit for Northeast Syria. The role of the Unit is to provide support to ensure the development of efficient and effective systems. This primarily includes strong support for the development of effective monitoring, learning and evaluation processes, providing support to programs during key project development and implementation moments, checking in on program quality and impact through a variety of different techniques as well as accountability to beneficiaries.
Essential Job Responsibilities Strategy
• Lead on developing processes to support programs team to integrate cross-learning and ensure that lessons are used to inform required adaptation of activities and future program design.
• Draw on available contextual knowledge through Humanitarian Access Team and understanding of needs from program and IM team to build out lessons learnt and for planning.
• Provide input on proposal on PaQ and MEL related activities and inputs.
• Ensure that the PAQ unit provides strong Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) support to program teams and partners, develops efficient and effective MEAL systems, and supports a community for M&E staff to provide them with technical advice and a support network. This includes:
• Provide leadership and training in the development of MEL plans, IPTTs, Analysis Plans, SOPs, quantitative and qualitative tools (surveys, MSC, focus groups), routine monitoring tools and analysis and data visualization to enable programs to assess outcomes and impact.
• As needed collaborate with external evaluators on the design and roll out of the program baseline and evaluations, while setting up effective systems for learning.
• Ensure programs use the necessary MEL systems and tools, to inform and improve each individual program, as well as feed into the broader country-level MEL system and country strategy.
• Conducts internal DQAs to ensure data is collected with attention to accuracy and consistency.
• Support the roll out of a standardized CARM system for Syria program.
• Supports in the development of appropriate beneficiary accountability mechanisms, as required.
• Work with program teams and the Technical Advisor for Partnerships, to ensure the adoption of efficient and effective partnership processes, identify strategies and build or strengthen systems to facilitate greater efficiency in program management processes especially those related to MEAL.
Programs and Partner Support
• Provide support to program teams at key programmatic moments, such as starting up new sectors, modalities, locations or partnership modalities.
• Establishes mechanisms and tools to facilitate greater efficiency in between partners, program, M&E and information management.
• Provide supervision to the team members, ensure their work is aligned and contributing effectively towards the Syria strategy, that they have access to training and support and that effective workflows and coordination are set up between the different unit members.
• Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance & reach objectives.
• Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones and performance reviews.
• Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Hire, orient and lead team members as necessary.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
A team of staff that include M&E Coordinators, Field Coordinators, CARM Officers and the teams below these staff.
Reports Directly To: PaQ Director
Works Directly With: DCD, DoPs, Program Managers, Information Management Unit, Technical Advisors, Regional TSU
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in social science, management, international development, or other relevant field is required; Master s Degree in similar relevant fields is preferred.
• 7-10 years of progressive experience and proven high level of competence in working in international settings, ideally in conflict-affected countries.
• 5 years of direct experience in implementing M&E Systems particularly remote monitoring, mobile data collection platforms and managing evaluations.
• Experience in program development and design, including conceptualizing and articulating programming ideas in concept notes and proposals.
• Previous experience in the Middle East.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with humanitarian and developmental programming.
• Strong leadership, communication, and project management skills.
• Ability and interest to work with a multi-ethnic team in a culturally appropriate manner.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment on multiple tasks.
• Proficiency in written English is essential.
• Ability to speak, write, and read in Arabic is a plus.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
Quality / Testing / QA / QC / Inspector