The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To perform specialized and standardized to support the effective delivery of livelihoods activities assisting vulnerable, food insecure communities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Within delegated authority, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
• Support the overall implementation of livelihoods activities for the Field Office;
• Ensure the implementation of livelihoods activities through all stages of the project management cycle, from engagement with technical cooperating partners, project design and implementation, with a focus on the achievement of results and quality of activities;
• Compile data and support analysis and preparation of reports and operational plans for livelihood activities, in order to support operational decision-making;
• Ensure and perform accurate, timely recording of data for livelihood programmes and ensure consistency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders;
• Prepare evaluation reports and assess impact of field-office livelihood activities;
• Identify and implement capacity building and training needs for Cooperating Partners to ensure effective implementation of livelihood programmes;
• Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities.
• Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions.
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within Country Office Livelihood Unit;
• Perform other related duties as requested.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language : Fluency (level C) in English language and Arabic language.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
•least four years of progressively responsible work experience related to food security, early recovery and livelihood programming.
• The operational areas covered by the Field Office include a diverse range of livelihood programmes. Candidates should highlight previous programmatic and technical experience in one or both of the following livelihood portfolios:
• Rural livelihods: focus on agricultural production (household-level and smallholder farmers) and infrastructure rehabilitation activities (project management);
• Urban livelihods: focus on labour-market analysis, vocational skills assessments, strengthened employability and job facilitation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of Experience :
• Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
• Exact Position Title
• Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
• Start and End date of Employment for each position : From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
• Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
• A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.