Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 24 August 2018 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates.
- Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assesments
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To provide effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Secondary School Education. A Bachelor degree in International Affairs, Statistics, Economics, Nutrition, Public Health, or other field relevant to international development assistance is a plus.
Experience: At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years in the field of monitoring and evaluations, statistics, economics, programme and policy, humanitarian assistance or any related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Sub-Office and the technical supervision of the Head of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Unit in the Country Office, the Programme Associate (M&E) will perform the following responsibilities:
• Provide specialized project management support to specific and/or defined programmes to ensure that the various activities are performed within the established targets following WFP s policies and procedures;
• Enhance the process monitoring systems, while exploring concrete tracking methods for decentralized levels (field). Consolidate the quantitative process monitoring data with the Monitoring Assistants monthly narrative monitoring reports, and elevate main issues to management on a monthly basis.
• Ensure that required samples for the Monitoring Assistants plan are met and in compliance with agreed coverage for process monitoring, while incorporating gender and protection perspectives in all areas of work. Communicate and train Monitoring Assistants on appropriate methods, frequencies and implementation. Follow up with sub-offices to submit timely process monitoring data.
• Provide technical support and assist in the development and implementation of various activities and processes within the specific area of work supporting alignment with wider programme policies and guidelines;
• Conduct field visits in the related area maintaining the direct dialogue with beneficiaries and technical support and enhanced communication with field based M&E staff. Prepare and submit field visit report including and programmatic recommendations and gender observations.
• Within the specific area of responsibility, prepare a range of reports and data analysis and highlight trends/issues ensuring deliverables adhere to corporate standards and quality control.
• Support head/deputy head of sub-office in identifying areas of improvement of programme and monitoring to support programme reviews and improve services;
• Coordinate and communicate with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions to gather feedback and comments;
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and national government within the specific technical area. Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods in order to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks and to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverage areas;
• Arrange for regular meetings with community leaders and cooperating partners on commodity pipeline, distribution arrangements, food entitlements and other relevant issues to support effective communication flow and efficient operations;
• Oversee and/or review the work of other support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to contribute to delivering objectives to agreed standards and deadlines. Supervise and train other personnel as appropriate;
• Suggest improvements to field monitoring processes and procedures for efficient implementation of the assistance programmes;
• Report periodically to the WFP Officer on relevant events regarding food management, distribution, partner shops monitoring, and other related issues;
• Assist the WFP Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities.
• Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
Additional desired skills :
• Ability to maintain accurate and precise records, well organized
• Able to interpret and analyse a variety of data and resolve discrepancies
• Ability to coordinate and facilitate communication with teams including ability to contribute to the effective implementation of programmes and policy discussions.
• Experience utilizing computers including Microsoft Office specifically Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Ability to undertake statistical analysis.
• Experience utilizing Access and SPSS.
• Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures in the country is a plus.