The International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Community Engagement Officer to support the International Development Division and the HSDA project in Jordan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Strengthen communities to play an active role in the health system.
• Assist community-based organizations to develop and implement innovative approaches that lead to increased use of modern family planning and other maternal and child health services.
• Provide technical support including coaching, on-the job training, and training sessions and supervision of community health committees, community health workers and NGOs.
• Produce clear, timely data and reports in English. Daily travel outside of Amman is required.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
• A bachelor's degree in a related field (Communications, Marketing, social studies, public health etc)
• 5-7 years of experience in a wide range of community engagement programs
• Native written and spoken Arabic skills
• Fluency in written and spoken English
• Excellent communications skills, basic computer skills, familiarity with digital communications platforms
• Experience with USAID or other donor-funded health programs in Jordan preferred
• ( 4+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.