MPA Recruitment has been appointed by a leading organization in Qatar to recruit a Project Controls Manager to manage all aspects of the planning, schedule, reporting, document control, and the information technology (IT) activities within their Affairs division.
You will oversee all departments within Affairs to ensure the departments are properly controlling the schedule (program), reporting, document control, and the information technology (IT) activities within their departments. The role includes the establishment of collaborative internet enabled tools for working efficiently with the departments, consultants, contractors and other external agencies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• To monitor and measure the performance of the contractors, consultants and departments within the Projects Affairs division, this includes working with the relevant parties in order to make the necessary improvements
• Oversee the schedule, cost and budget, quality, safety, corporate objectives and targets, KPIs for Projects Affairs division, and prepare reports to senior management.
• To take the lead on behalf of Projects Affairs division with the identification and implementation of enterprise level business tools and software for working efficiently with the departments, consultants, contractors and other external agencies.
• To establish tools and systems that allow lessons learned to be captured from designing and constructing projects, and use this intelligence to alter the process, tools and systems in order to improve the approach to delivering the next tranche of projects.
• To identify, develop, and improve procedures, processes and systems for Projects Affairs division.
Qualifications & Requirements
• University degree from a recognised university in either: civil engineering, construction management, or project management. Degrees in other relevant fields may be considered.
• Certificate in use of Primavera P6
• Driver's Licence
• Proficient in English, written and spoken.
• Masters degree in a relevant field.
• Chartered engineer status from a recognised institution.
• A minimum of 10 years experience in the establishment and management of project controls on preferably major infrastructure projects and programs.
• Experience with using Primavera P6 and Primavera contract manager.