Under the general direction of the Director of Finance, GSD, responsible for maintaining an integrated system of financial services that contribute to cost effective accounting management control over the project financial reporting records. Supervise the project controls section associated with the GSDS contract to provide accurate, timely, and reliable services and reports. Services include project controls, EVMS, budget analysis , forecasting, cost analysis, and active participation in the overall accounting period close planning, financial accounting reconciliation and analysis, and cost reporting.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Exercises responsibility over Project Control areas of the GSD including development of graphs, schedules, analytical reviews, and cost reporting for presentation to Program Management
2. Ensures that all financial reporting activities to the customer for the program are thoroughly and timely prepared and reviewed and that all reports are in compliance with appropriate financial standards and company requirements.
3. Assist Senior Management in development of estimates to complete forecasts
4. Monitors actual vs. budget/forecast ensuring financial statements provide a realistic view of the programs financial position.
5. Oversee, supervise, and assist in training the staff in all areas of Project Controls and EVMS.
6. Develop and monitor key project metrics and perform quality control reviews.
7. Other financial-related duties including: consulting with senior management and other functional managers regarding financial-related activities; develop and implement financial controls; conduct financial reviews of program areas; prepare and analyze various financial reports; develop and monitor performance metrics for financial management, and; other duties as required
8. Responsible for monthly Earned Value Management System (EVMS) reporting in accordance with standard formats.
9. Track, monitor, forecast, and report the progress of DPW Projects on a regular basis from notice to proceed thru to completion.
10. Provide analytical data support to the Control Account Manager for the Materials, Equipment, and Other Direct Cost Budget.
11. Ensures the timely and accurate completion of deliverables. to include bi-weekly OT Forecasts, Quarterly OT Forecasts and related monthly analysis, monthly IPMR CDRL submission, and monthly/quarterly CFSR CDRL submission
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Personal computer, (Microsoft Office products), printers, calculator, FAX machine, copy machine and other general office equipment.
Works in a general office environment. However, duties may involve the conduct of work in the out of doors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions. Some travel may be required.
Work may require light lifting, stooping, climbing, standing, prolonged sitting, and working with or in areas where a potential could exist for exposure to physical, chemical or biological agents