A Searcher is a dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate individual, committed to our values.
Shared Humanity.Empathy.Impartiality. Inclusivity.Courage. Hope. Humility.Audacity.
With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, we implement projects from 55 offices in 34 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. You will be joining other highly motivated Searchers with a good team spirit and through commitment and dedication, have opportunities to grow.
We are searching for
A Project Coordinator that will be responsible for implementing the final phase of an 18-month youth led project whose goal is to promote Lebanese Cultural Heritage which started in August 2017 and ends in January 2019. The Coordinatorwill work closely with partner organizations, youth groups and local community stakeholders, and oversee day-to-day operations and implement the project s activities, ensuring that the program is on-time, within budget, and delivers high-quality results.
The roles and responsibilities will include:
• Oversee the management and reporting on project activities, ensuring timely grant reporting and compliance with contract and donor guidelines in coordination with the local partners;
• Oversee implementation of project activities in a timely manner ensuring good quality action and credible outcomes;
• Oversee the implementation of the media strategy developed for the project in coordination with the media agency and the implementing partners;
• Oversee the work of the project officer;
• Develop and maintain proactive, positive and professional relationships with partner organizations, local youth groups other NGOs, donors, politicians, key government officials, civil society groups, and media outlets within Lebanon;
• Maintain responsible media coverage of program events in coordination with Search s communications team;
• Contribute to the development of training curricula based on the needs identified by the youth;
• Provide technical guidance related to cultural heritage protection;
• Develop and maintain project records such as databases, reports and records of decisions;
• Maintain regular written and oral reporting with Search s management team;
• Implement the financial and administrative systems necessary for the execution of the project; and
• Ensure compliance with SearchOperations Manual policies and procedures.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
• Lebanese citizen
• Bachelor s Degree in a related area (Master s Degree preferred), preferably in cultural heritage, conflict resolution, peacebuilding, or related area.
• Minimum of five (5) years of related experience, including project financial management and reporting experience, Media.
• Expertise in the field of cultural heritage protection, and familiarity with the practice of peacebuilding, youth programming, and the Lebanese context.
• Demonstrable networks in Beqaa, Mount Lebanon, Tripoli and Sarafand.
• Proven ability to negotiate multiple relationships with various partners;
• Dynamic leader with creative problem solving skills, particularly in challenging situations;
• Experience working with youth;
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
• Spoken and written fluency in English and Arabic;
• Strong oral and written communications skills;
• Demonstrated financial management and program administration experience;
• Demonstrated writing and grants management skills;
• Cultural sensitivity and adaptability;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel;
• Strong organizational skills and attention to-detail;