• Engineering degree of the Discipline.
• Previous relevant work experience in an EPIC project Oil & Gas Field.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Previous experiences with QP (preferable)
The Project Discipline Engineer (PDE) is a member of the PMT and act as main interface for his area of competence, between the PMT and the Discipline General Designer s Team, The Suppliers, the sub-Contractors Engineers and any other company or third party involved in that discipline.
PDE will report to the Project Engineer (PE)
PDE is responsible, for the Engineering of his Discipline, for the full project life cycle that includes, but is not limited to the planning, engineering, procurement, construction, claims, variations, documentation and hand-over.
PDE Duties and Responsibilities includes:
• Ensures that the engineering of his Discipline is following the correct line of business work process map, procedures, work instructions, and project specifications and requirements.
• Establishes / maintains office standards for design change control of his Discipline.
• Provide a technically sound, safe, and cost-effective design of his Discipline consistent with the Project Budget, client s requirements and all applicable industry and regulatory standards and practices.
• Avoid in the maximum extend the requests of deviations to the Customer requirements and/or specifications.
• Coordinate all the technical aspects of his Discipline with the Vendors.
• Coordinates the distribution of the AFC drawings of his discipline assigned to the project and instruct Site Engineers about the content and extend of the works.
• Provide a critical analysis on constructability together with the Construction manager and Discipline Supervisors.
• Verify that Method Statements provided by Site Engineers and aligned with (or will be consistent with) the Engineering.
• Manage on his Discipline the design changes, specification changes, project decisions, and new information received from the client, vendors, or other members of the project team
• Ensures that all drawings of his Discipline are produced in a consistent configuration to enable transfer between designers, disciplines, lead and support offices, and in accordance with client requirements
• Verifies adequacy of negotiated professional services budgets against negotiated project scope of his Discipline.
• Verifies the project schedule milestones of his Discipline.
• In collaboration with other discipline engineers and reflecting project requirements, prepare scope of work documents as appropriate for procurement and Subcontractor packages.
• Support Procurement Team in all Engineering concerns (specs, MTOs, etc.) of his Discipline.
• Provide technical assistance during the fabrication/manufacturing period, ensuring that Client and project requirements are met.
• Support Subcontracting Team in all Engineering concerns (Work Pack Definition, specs, MTOs, etc.) of his Discipline.
• During construction, assess and provide technical recommendations in response to field enquiries.
• Manage costs against discipline budgets and provide timely and accurate estimates-to-complete to Project Controls for monthly cost tracking and reporting of his Discipline.
• Provide timely input to project controls for monthly progress/productivity tracking and reporting of his Discipline.
• Conduct a review of the basis of design of his Discipline to ensure that all design inputs are adequate to meet functional and performance requirements. Resolve any incomplete, ambiguous, or conflicting requirements. Ensure all referenced documents are available.
• Responsible for the timely preparation, review, and delivery of all required engineering deliverables of his Discipline. Deliverables may include, but are not limited to, calculations, drawings, specifications, data sheets, reports, and as-built/record drawings.
• Liaise with Document Control to avoid latencies is issuing documents allowing a smooth flow of information
• Prior to issue, verify that all engineering deliverables of his Discipline are checked and approved no drawings shall be issued for construction without undergoing the checking process.
• Prepare and submit requisitions of his Discipline to Supply Management for equipment, materials, and services
• Complete general reviews of erection and shop drawings to assure compliance with project requirements and sufficient coordination at interfaces to other vendor supplied items and to the designed items.
• Through the fabrication and construction phases, actively participate in assuring that all tests, inspections, and measurements mandated by regulation or by the Engineer of Record have been completed and satisfied.
His duties may also include Site Engineer s duties:
• The site investigation and report of the possible risks involved in any change implemented after the IFC drawings has been distributed and its activities started.
• Together with the Site Engineers and based in the CONTRACTOR library, personalize and issue all Method Statements required for the execution of the works.
• Prepare and issue to the PE all Site Queries to be addressed to the General Designer or Customer Team.
• Analyze the answered Queries and issue the relevant Site Instructions to the applicable SMT.
• Establish in each site the physical archive (paper copies) of latest versions of IFC drawings.
• Maintain updated any change or modification not documented in the latest IFC drawing revision (Red Mark-up).
• At the completion of each Work Package, request the final As Built of all involved drawings and distribute to the Document Controller / Material controller for final distribution and/or for Customer database population.
• Reports to Project Manager / Project Engineer.
• Supervises Site Engineer, Designers, Sub-Contractors Engineers, Vendors.
• Aligns with Project Discipline Engineers, Procurement Lead.
Duration: Long term
Rotation: 2 options
(Option 1: Residential with family status
Option 2: 3 rotation cycle in a year)