The Sparrows Group is a specialist lifting and mechanical handling contractor that delivers equipment,
technology and integrated engineering services to the global energy industry. Our solutions support our
clients to optimise their efficiency by ensuring the performance, reliability and safety of critical equipment and
With our headquarters in Aberdeen, we employ over 1,600 people across numerous operational locations
across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
We are looking to recruit a Project Engineer to join our team at Sparrows in the Abu Dhabi.
The primary responsibility is to provide business promotion & establishment, business administration and
project engineering support under the direction of the Engineering Team Leader.
BUSINESS PROMOTION & ESTABLISHMENT:
• To carry out a Project Engineer function within the Engineering & Operations Department providing a
support function to the establishment in all aspect of cranes, lifting and support service activities.
• Contribute to the establishment sales effort, through direct client contact and meetings, with particular
focus on target customers as defined within the establishment business plan.
• Duties encompass the assistance with compilation and cost control of the business unit budgets and, in
conjunction with the Engineering Services Manager, identify areas for business development.
• Contribute to quarterly performance reviews with line management regarding the department’s services
to enable accurate review of business unit performance.
• When undertaking visits to site or offshore installations, promote and maintain effective communications
with Client representatives and Sparrows Offshore personnel.
• Provide an administration and technical support function to the business unit for all service area activities.
• Responsible for assisting with the regular and correct compilation and condition monitoring of information
relating to all aspects of the allocated projects.
• Major function is to provide a comprehensive Project Engineer function within the establishment,
encompassing, but not limited to, the following:
• Preparation of proposals and tenders.
• Administration of assigned project files.
• Liaison with clients and subcontractors.
• Liaison with workshop for workshop jobs
• Preparation of calculations and work procedures.
• Completion of purchase requisitions.
• Arrange equipment dispatch and transportation.
• Effective budget control of projects
• Good project planning practices to clients satisfaction
• Compilation of job close-out reports.
• Preparation of engineering invoice drafts and financial control of assigned projects.
• Be a good team player and effective communication with all departments
• Continuous self-learning using company’s learning materials as part of the engineering
• Flexible in work timings to meet project schedules
• Make presentations for clients on ongoing proj