Position: Project Engineer/ Project Coordinator
The position has responsibilities for the coordination of all technical activities on assigned projects. Plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned due diligence work; monitors work for compliance to applicable Food and Health codes, accepted engineering practices as per the company s (CKP) standards; ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and all other project participants.
Responsible and accountable to ensure that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants, and that the requirements of the Contract are being satisfied. Expected however, to have sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing in the various disciplines, and to initiate appropriate corrective actions.
While on a project, the Project Engineer reports to the Project Manager/ Regional Manager, who has ultimate responsibility for both the quality of CKP s deliverables and effective execution of project assignments.
On a large project the Project Manager/ Regional Manager may delegate certain project management responsibilities to the Project Engineer, including day-to-day interaction with the Client s designated representative as well as coordination of all internal activities performed by CKP s staff. However, the designated Project Manager/ Regional Manager retains overall accountability for relationship management and Client satisfaction on the project.
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the preparation of the following:
Project Time Schedule (Microsoft Project).
Coordination and tracking of project deliverables.
Monthly project status reports.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
1. Planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating technical as well as management aspects of projects.
2. Accountable for the successful completion of projects as stipulated by the project agreement.
3. Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project Clients.
4. Facilitate in the preparation of all design deliverables.
5. Budget preparation, monitoring and trend tracking.
6. Monitoring Project Invoices.
7. Document Control, which includes Internal organization, maintenance of technical files, manufacturer s catalogues, manuals etc, keeping of working files, filing of drawings, keeping time sheets for projects, etc.
8. Participating in project consultants meetings, liaisons with architects, M/E consultants, owners representatives and other parties as required for the successful accomplishment of project work.
9. Participating in Client/ Consultants/ Contractor meetings and resolving Client/ Engineering/ Design and project management issues.
10. Review and coordination of general design work including but not limited to, layout drawings, electrical and plumbing rough-in drawings, wall plinth & recess drawings, details for civil works, equipment details and elevations and in general the detailing and planning of all drawing work necessary for the successful completion of tender documents
11. Review and preparation of equipment capacity, sizing and make/model selection and generating schedules of manufactured and fabricated equipment with all relevant M&E information, preparation of project time schedules, bulk M&E loads and schedules, preparing written specifications of manufactured and fabricated equipment including accessories and parts, equipment budgeting, and in general compilations of all documents necessary for compilation of the tender documents.
12. Review of sub-contractor s submission of documents, such as shop drawings, M/E drawings, piping diagrams for refrigeration, fire extinguishing systems, control panels, users manuals, maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, etc.
13. Active project and site supervision and control of sub-contractors, acceptance of works, testing and commissioning of facilities, establishment of punch lists, control of works guarantee, control of maintenance contracts.
14. Ensure effective engineering and Client communications.
Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering degree in any engineering discipline (preferably Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical).
Skills and Special Requirements:
1. AutoCAD highly desirable.
2. Experience in working with multiple discipline projects.
3. Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point Software.
4. Adobe PDF.
Candidate must be:
1. Within the age range of 24 to 28 years.
3. Willing to learn.
4. Fast Learner.
5. Good work ethics.
6. Team Player.