DESCRIPTION OF ROLE
The Project HSE Lead shall be based in Sharjah (UAE) and is responsible for the management of project HSE delivery, reporting directly to the Project Manager and functionally to the HSE Manager (Middle East Business Unit).
The Project HSE Lead role includes accountability, and expectations to provide HSE support to the respective Project Management Team. The role as allocated by the HSE Manager (Middle East Business Unit) may also be expected to support the Win side of the business through the preparation of HSE tender submissions.
Furthermore, the Project HSE Lead is expected to undertake an active and visible role in the day to day oversight of project safety performance, and to ensure that the Subsea 7 Safety Value is delivered consistently during project execution.
All Subsea 7 personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to HSEQ management system requirements; and shall contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to the Subsea 7 Code of Conduct.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
• Work with the HSE Manager (Middle East Business Unit) to support the HSE function, and to ensure effective delivery of HSE across the project
• Support the Subsea 7 Work Safe & Home Safe framework, by setting the tone and leading by example
• Support the Middle East Business Unit and Asia Pacific Middle East Region s HSE objectives, strategies and initiatives
• Actively drive HSE and operational improvement performance on project
• Develop and maintain project HSE documentation and programs and monitor implementation throughout the project
• Ensure efficient, timely, accurate and cost-effective management and delivery of the project HSE activities within the designated area of responsibility
• Collaborate with the Project Manager to maintain positive Client relationships
• Monitor project HSE performance and trends, and report and inform on improvement strategies
• Ensure adequate recording and reporting of HSE statistics
• Assign and manage necessary HSE resources to support project activities, and provide mentorship and development to project HSE resources including HSE Graduates
• Perform regular visits to worksites and vessels to discuss safety aspects, and lead by example to demonstrate Management visibility from an HSE viewpoint
• Regularly engage with onshore and offshore Worksite Management Teams
• Regular workforce engagement on Health and Safety to ensure all parties are clear on the importance of safe working environments and are committed to safe working practices
• Ensuring that project execution follows Contract specifications and Client requirements
• Champion the implementation of Subsea 7 HSE management system across the project including key initiatives such as: Critical Safety Behaviours Programme, etc.
• Perform internal and external audits, and compliance monitoring activities to monitor the effectiveness of HSE management system and project requirements implementation during the project
• Operate within the Business Code of Conduct
• Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles
• Support standards and procedures for the HSE Function
• Professional qualifications Minimum NEBOSH Professional Certificate or equivalent
• Minimum 10 years of experience working in HSE positions, including having previously held Project HSE Lead or Project HSE Lead positions
• Strong knowledge in HSE Management Systems (OHSAS 18001 or ISO 45001, and ISO 14001) and Project HSE Management including: Risk Management, Auditing, Incident Investigation, Emergency Response Management, Behaviour Based Safety, Environmental Risk Management and all other HSE subject matters.
• Relevant previous experience at an appropriate level in the subsea or offshore environment
• Project experience working within the Middle East region
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record within Project HSE delivery