The primary responsibility of a project manager is to manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope and to monitor or track project milestones and deliverables. The incumbent is accountable for the completion of the project from initiation and development to execution and follow-up, thereby helping the organization to meet established goals.
Key job responsibilities:
Project Planning and Management
• Responsible for overall strategic planning of the project to ensure timely delivery of the project.
• Oversee the project performance with regards to time, cost, HSE and ensure timely delivery of project by meeting quality standards.
• Participate in the negotiations for contract finalization with project stakeholders.
• Direct or coordinate design, commissioning, installation, maintenance, support or testing activities to ensure compliance with specifications or customer requirements.
• Supervise and assign duties to site manager/supervisors/technicians engaged in technical installation and commissioning of the project.
• Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
• Project potential risks, snags in the project during the operation in the relevant SAP/ERP system.
• Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project.
• Assess cost effectiveness of machinery, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
Project Coordination Activities
• Generate and update project progress reports, planned value, invoice projection and cash flow projection and follow up on the same.
• Tracking of the project schedule and preparation and submission of weekly Progress reports to client, project manager and the internal teams.
• Plan and schedule meetings with vendors, design team, site team, sub-contractors and attend client monthly progress meetings, consultant/management meetings.
• Conduct periodic internal team progress review meeting on weekly basis and document how the project will be executed, monitored and controlled.
• Confer with Site managers, contractors and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates and project plan changes.
Qualification and Experience Required:
Must have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from a reputed institution.
Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering is desired.
PMP certification is desirable.
Must have minimum 12 years of work experience in a power distribution company, including at least 5-8 years of managerial experience.
Fully aware of High Voltage and Extra High Voltage Transmission with Underground Cables, HV Distributions , utilities and other Electrical installations.
Hands on experience of cabling works including Route Proposal, Excavation, Trough Erection, Cable Laying, Cable jointing, Cable termination and Testing.
Functional Skills/knowledge required:
Must possess organizational and project management skills as well as the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments.
Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with contractors, site staff, third party suppliers and clients.
Ability to negotiate and maintain client relationships.
Preferable to have knowledge on Primavera / Microsoft
Project/Project Planning tool.