Detail of advert DIR-32-ECA-4308
Project Manager Health & Mine Action South
Location: Amman - JORDAN
Starting date: 02/09/2018
Duration of the mission : 12 months
Closing date for applications : 27/07/2018
Posting reference : DIR-32-ECA-4308
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes Humanity & Inclusion . HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the organization: http://www.hi.org/
HI has offices in more than 55 countries and 2 HQ-based operational divisions:
- Humanitarian Action Division (DAH)
- Development Division (DAD)
The Syrian crisis is the greatest humanitarian crisis of the last 20 years. According to the latest UN figures, about 13.5 million people are currently affected by the crisis in Syria, including about 6.5 million IDPs, while over 5.6 million Syrians have sought refuge in neighboring countries or in Europe.
HI is managing a large humanitarian program from four different hubs (South, Centre, North and North-East), along four main pillars:
1. Provision of physical and functional rehabilitation (including P&O provision) and psychosocial support through support to health partners (hospitals, care houses, psychosocial support centres, local NGOs) through training, technical supervisions and donations of assistive devices and/or equipment and direct management of HI teams;
2. Emergency response to the basic needs of vulnerable people affected by sudden crisis, through one-shot distributions of food baskets, household essential items and hygiene kits, and through the management of an adapted humanitarian coordination mechanism for emergency responses;
3. Education to the risks and effects caused by conventional weapons (including mines, explosive remnants of war and small arms light weapons) and urgent marking of hazardous areas;
4. Training and technical support to other humanitarian actors on the inclusion of persons with disabilities and other vulnerable persons in the humanitarian response (with a special focus on inclusive health and inclusive livelihoods).
The actual intervention is based on a mix of remote management of national teams, remote partnerships with local structures and organizations, and direct implementation of programs.
The South Hub is currently implementing programs under health, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods and inclusion pillars. Expected growth of programs in 2018 include the Inclusive Health program and a new Livelihoods program.
In this context, and under the responsibility of the Operations Coordinator, the Projects Manager for Health and Mine Action will:
- Support, guide, manage and build the capacity of the Program teams (rehabilitation, P&O, PSS, mine action )
- Manage timely and the quality implementation of the projects in collaboration with the partners, ensuring the achievement of targets and results
- Manage the activity budget for the programs under his/her responsibility
- Guarantee the overall project cycle management complies with HI and donors standards
- Ensure smooth coordination with INGOs and other stakeholders
- Ensure correct follow-up of the financial, administrative and logistic aspects of the project
- Support the professional development of project staff
- Regularly report on activities (statistics, review of monthly objectives, etc.) including contributing to donor reports
- Contribute to any needs assessments and the elaboration of the intervention strategy
- Ensure strong coordination with the Area Coordinator, the Coordination team and South Hub Support Services Team
- Represent HI with local partners and other humanitarian actors in the intervention areas, in coordination with the Area Coordinator
the complete job description will be shared with the short-listed candidates.
- Bachelor or Master degree in project management, humanitarian studies or any relevant field
- M&E training is a strong asset
- At least 4 years of experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts
- At least 2 years of experience in project management and team management
- Experience in M&E
- Experience in remote management is a strong asset
- Experience in the Syrian crisis is a strong asset
- Fluency in oral and written English is compulsory
- Strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Training skills are an asset
- Arabic skills are an asset
- Ability to multitask
- Strong organizational and reporting skills
- Ability to work under pressure
Starting date: 02/09/2018
Length of the contract: 12 months
Contract: salaried contract (from 2300 /month gross depending on experience)
Per-diem: 588 /month net
Insurances: medical health coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
Paid holiday: 25 days per year
R&R: 1 day per month
Status: position open to couple and/or families
Accommodation: collective or individual covered by HI