• The Project Manager is empowered with adequate
signature authorization and target agreement to manage the project as
entrepreneur and brings about strategic decisions and asserts them
• Actively gathers information on the customer and
customer's strategies, requirements and targets.
• Manages customer expectations; identifies /
creates additional opportunities out of the ongoing projects
• Actively communicates with customer's senior
representatives and manages solving of issues.
• Regularly performs lessons learned activities
and feeds the results into own project and organization.
• At an early stage, informs customer, management
and project team of deviations from project plan.
• Actively builds relationships to customer
finances on the basis of contractual developments and risk situation
• Lives full responsibility for the financial
results according to set targets
• Examines the project proposal/order entry
• Ensures regular financial controlling and
reporting according to regulations.
• Optimizes the project gross profit, cash flow
• Identifies and minimizes non-conformance costs.
• Ensures that the results of risk assessments are
appropriately reflected in costing.
• Fosters change orders with good margin
• Manage the project throughout the project Life
• Handles relevant planning elements and milestone
results throughout the project life cycle.
• Sets up and maintains the Siemens Project
Management Plan including Quality Management Plan.
• Involves the relevant partners in the sales/
project initiation phase.
• Performs contract reading and derives actions
concerning risks, opportunities and contractual obligations.
• Agrees targets and work packages with project
staff and delegates defined work packages.
• Is responsible for the technical solution
including integration of all (sub-) systems.
• Ensures proper ramp up and execution of site
• Holds regular project status meetings and
organizes acceptance of milestone work results.
• Documents all work results according to the
• Manages acceptance (tests) and final project
• Identifies and assesses risk factors utilizing
available risk measurement tools.
• Manages an overall project with onshore and
offshore part according to the New Collaboration Model.
Manage project team
• Agrees targets with project staff and delegates
defined responsibilities and authority.
• Holds and seeks actively feedback (e.g. team
members, managers, customers)
• Takes responsibility for own and supports
team-members' work life balance.
• Supports team-members' personal development (eg.
• Involves the project team in the identification
of changes and claims.
• Demonstrates leadership to functionally assigned
intercultural staff, agrees targets and delegates accordingly.
• Cooperates closely with line managers and
• Facilitates and monitors effective team
collaboration (e.g. via coaching)
for the project and beyond
• Aligns project targets with business strategy;
signs a project manager target agreement.
• Develops and considers strategic targets for own
project in line with responsible business manager.
• Represents the project in the relevant decision
boards internally and externally to senior management.
• Identifies / creates additional opportunities
out of the ongoing projects.
• Conducts stakeholder analysis and manages
efficient communication with all relevant stakeholders incl. different
countries/states of region, headquarter, customer, partners and suppliers.
• Communicates cross-organizational with internal
contacts on opportunities for further improvements.
• Has expertise in interpersonal relations:
effective communication and presentation, management of conflicts.
• Has experience in intercultural communication
• Selects and involves partners / subcontractors
based on strategic viewpoints and defined criteria.
• Involves procurement at an early stage according
to valid Siemens procurement rules
Manage compliance to
standards, rules and regulations
• Leads project members to act according to the
Business Conduct Guidelines.
• Implements rules (e.g. tax regulations, arms
lengths principle, delegation of employees, guarantees and export control)
• Sets necessary measures to ensure zero harm
policy in environment, health and safety.
• Sets up a framework to regular check of
compliance in the project and with subcontractors.
• Involves the necessary corporate governance
units (e.g. Compliance, Legal Units, HR, Workers Council)
• Complies to local standards and law of countries
directly affected (e.g. of: customer, suppliers, partners)
• Complies with internal and international rules
(ZRG, AWV, INCOTERMS), Fundamentals of Supply Chain.
Management, Procurement Policy
• Manage the project enabler processes.
• Follows the relevant LoA process, if applicable.
• Assesses contracts in terms of claim-relevant
significance, ensures examination by legal expert.
• Negotiates with stakeholders on Change Requests
and incorporates them into contracts.
• Agrees with stakeholders the strategy for making
/ mitigating / defending claims.
• At an early stage identifies drives, defends and
• Ensures monitoring and management of risks and
opportunities and early escalation.
• Devises suitable strategies for risk mitigation.
• Implements procedure to solve major issues with
all necessary internal and external partners.
What else do I need to know?
• 10 years experience in Project Manager with
overall responsibility on project results including budget, financial
management of risk, opportunities and claims
• Manages project as entrepreneur according to
• Extensive experience in High Voltage Substations
• Electrical Engineering Degree
• Written and spoken English is essential.
• Middle East experience is essential.
• Relevant degree and Project Management
certifications are preferred.
Industry Type :
Engineering Design & Consulting
Functional Area :
Site Engineering / Projects