The main purpose of this position is to maximise business and revenue. The Project Manager will plan and direct the overall sales campaign to meet commercial and product development goals that will improve the shows reputation, effectiveness, audience and ROI. They will manage and direct sales teams and sales agents to ensure they meet sales targets, develop new markets and build and exhibitor profile that attracts key buyers and visitor audiences.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Research, plan and recommend sales and revenue targets in order to meet the DWTC strategic plan. This requires deep market and customer insight, the ability to understand and explain market trends and the ability to develop new exhibitor profiles to ensure the show remains a compelling visitor proposition.
• Plan sales and marketing campaigns that to build awareness of the exhibition in its target markets, ensuring that the market messages are relevant, compelling and clearly articulate the shows competitive proposition.
• Ensure marketing teams are provided with the market insight required to attract visitors from existing and new markets.
• Ensure the sales management, customer records, billing, payment and credit control is managed effectively. This will require good project and task management skills and directly impacts cash flow and revenue management.
• Ensure exhibitors and internal service delivery teams are provided with the tools and information they require to plan service delivery.
• Ensure exhibitors provide information on-time. Exhibitor information feeds our marketing and visitor recruitment campaign so is critical to the timely delivery of marketing programmes.
• Ensure sales, billing, records and approvals are received according to approved process and policy.
• Ensure show management guidelines and timelines are strictly adhered to. This includes sales campaigns, sales collateral, planning and reports, visitor promotion activities and the provision of information to internal and external customers and service providers as required.
• Produce a comprehensive project management plan identifying critical project milestones. Ensure this PMP is followed and key deadlines are achieved.
• Manage sales, administration, operations and marketing teams, either directly or indirectly according to approved process guidelines.
• Ensure HR and Performance Management policies and reviews are carried out on time, are effective and meet expectations of staff and management.
• Lead and motivate the team to achieve operational excellence.
About the Candidate:
• Degree with sales, commercial, finance or project management modules preferred.
• Minimum 2 years' work experience in exhibition sales, project management or media industry.
• Sales experience essential. Marketing experience preferred. Good general IT skills especially Excel, Power Point or relevant presentation softwares. Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to network and form strong customer and market relationships. Knowledge of CRM software preferred although full training will be provided.
• Sales training will be provided on on-going basis. CRM, IT and refresher training in presentation and project management technologies. Management, motivation and financial management courses will be provided as required.
About the Benefits:
This position offers competitive salary and package which includes: housing and transportation allowance, annual flight ticket allowance, medical and dental coverage, life & accident insurance, and retail and leisure discounts and club membership privileges within DWTC. Married employees can enjoy family benefits like medical insurance coverage, annual flight ticket allowance and education assistance for up to three children.