Posted Date: Jun 24, 2018
Expiry Date: 2018/08/23
• Manage the projects of Rail construction Projects section from initiation, RFP/scope preparation, prequalification, tender, tender evaluation and awarding.
• Coordinate all work efforts and review on work performed based on scope of services for the project.
• Manage and Collaborate with the project team members in all project phases, assign responsibilities to team members and follow up tasks until completion.
• Work with a team of professional engineers, on various disciplines, from within and outside of the department to ensure the developments of Rail projects are in accordance with the project objectives and requirements.
• Manage the project activities/budget/program/ and implement the necessary Control & monitoring activities of Consultant/Contractor
• Provide weekly, monthly follow up reports to the management and escalate risks and deviation of the project with recommended mitigations.
• Coordinate with stakeholders within and outside the authority regarding all issues associated with the rail projects.
• Work with technical teams as they develop technical specifications and development schedules of assigned projects.
• Provide sound and effective leadership to the team, provide direction and technical advice, leading by example to achieve the project goals and objectives.
• Manage all operational aspects of the project/ works packages and activities ensuring that they are on time, within planned costs, to the specifications.
• Work closely with the planning team to ensure successful planning of the sequence of the work, establishment of key dates and the workforce required by the project.
• Ensure that all Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental requirements pertaining to the project are in place and monitored.
• Work with the Procurement team on all contract implementation related issues; variations, interim progress applications for payment for the project works, negotiation and agreement of the project final cost.
• Organise the project teams, their workload & work effectively with the required support .
• Monitor and ensure that the work of direct and sub-contract contractors is being carried out to specification and programme, ensuring that deficiencies are remedied and managed within the scope of the contract terms.
• Ensure that effective financial and project management controls are in place and deployed to enable monitoring, modification and forecasting as appropriate
• Continually looking to enhance productivity through improved processes, procedures and systems
• Communicate effectively with all stakeholders to ensure that all parties are kept informed on all relevant matters impacting and influencing the project progress.
• Follow up the acquisition, deployment and management of resources for the project to ensure optimal resource allocation for the project
• Direct the assessment, selection and management of the consultant and the contractor associated with the project
• Ensure risks are proactively identified, assessed and managed to avoid adverse impacts on the project
• Review the performance of team members and developing them to their full potential
• Conduct and manage Value Engineering Process for assigned projects (during all relevant project stages) and produce comprehensive reports as a result of such.
• Manage Green/Sustainability Process/Manuals/Policies and implementation (as applicable) in projects.
• Ensure availability 24/7 and immediate response for the emergency works.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as appropriate.
• Metros industry, at least 5 years working in light rail projects.
• Experience in design and construction of mega projects is essential.
• Experience in managing project with Design & Built contracts is advantageous.
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
• Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering wide variety of applications.
• Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
• Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve complaints.
• Goal-driven leader who maintains a productive climate and confidently motivates, mobilizes, and coaches employees to meet high performance standards.
• Results-driven achiever with exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high degree of detail orientation
Master degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering from recognized university with PMP /
Number of Vacancies:
Rail Planning&Projects Development
Rail Construction Projects
Years of Experience :