Requisition ID: 198382
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
Bechtel is engaged supporting the development, implementation and operation of the National Project Management Organization (NPMO) in Saudi Arabia. The NPMO, known as "Mashroat" in Arabic, will support Saudi government agencies to effectively deliver complex infrastructure projects, in line with Saudi Arabia's "Vision 2030" plan to modernize the kingdom's administration. The NPMO is being established with the aim of improving the government's capital expenditure program, to enable government entities' project management offices to develop and improve related policies and create a dynamic ecosystem to deliver efficient and effective projects with the greatest impact; and we are looking for Project Managers to join our team:
The Enablement team is responsible for implementing the NPMO project delivery model across Saudi Entities. The goal of implementing the NPMO project delivery model is to improve the performance of capital expenditure projects that are being delivered by Saudi ministries.
The Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Director of Enablement in the roll-out of the NPMO strategy, organization, processes and procedures (NPMO model) to the Saudi Entities which are responsible for capital expenditure projects.
Responsible for the ongoing NPMO assessment of the Entities after the enablement phase from the conceptual stages through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and contract close-out.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Prepares the recommended restructuring model for the Entity's PDD
• Assesses the experience and competencies of the existing PDD team and select the most suitable candidates for the key positions within the NPMO model PDD
• Identifies Enablement Champions within the Entities
• Prepares the new PDD organization chart with the key positions named
• Obtains ministry management support of the new PDD organization chart
• Facilitates the training of the individuals within the PDD in the following NPMO operating procedures:
• Studies Department Operating Procedure
• Engineering Management Department Operating Procedure
• Contracts Department Operating Procedure
• Project Management Department Operating Procedure
• Project Controls Department Operating Procedure
• Document Control Department Operating Procedure
• Stage Gates Procedure
• Conducts Knowledge Transfer Checks
• Provides ongoing assessment of the Entities adherence to the NPMO processes and procedures
• Provides support to the Entities in procuring external PMO, PMC or GES consultants
• Assemble the lessons learned and apply to the subsequent enablement of the other ministries.
• Prepares communications and presentations to customers.
• Provides leadership for the development and maintenance of a high-performance project team.
JOB KNOWLEDGE :
• Leadership. 15+ years' experience of leading major government and/or semi-government international programs and projects (preference for Middle East and in KSA experience) with a proven record of delivering project excellence in direct project manager role.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering from accredited university
• Management - Experience of direct professional oversight of the following functional areas: Engineering, Construction, Project Controls (Cost, Schedule, Scope, Trends); Environment, Safety & Health; Risk Management; Contracts & Procurement; Financial management; Quality Control and Six Sigma.
• Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Extensive experience of working internationally at ministerial level (preference for Middle East and in KSA experience). A record of close engagement with utility providers and wider commercial and public sector stakeholders.
• Development. A proven record of instituting project continuous improvement.
• Has experience in all aspects of project management and project control activities.
Desired Candidate Profile
• Knowledge of the Stage Gate Process
• Knowledge of industry, technology and EPC work processes, including knowledge of customs, culture and business practices of Saudi Arabia/Middle East.
• Experience with lump sum and reimbursable projects.
• Knowledge of front-end activities including:
• Best Practices/Lessons Learned
• Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
• Estimate/Proposal Review Process
• Knowledge and understanding of standard tools, techniques and procedures including:
• Project Controls
• Financial management
• Automation, including standard office tools
• Records management
• Root Cause Analysis
• Knowledge and experience in baseline development and implementation including:
• Scope definition
• Roles and Responsibilities
• Estimates and resource loaded schedules
• Progress and performance curves and metrics
• Reports and action items tracking
• Business and Commercial awareness including
• Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation.
• Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including:
• Change control and documentation management
• Cost trend program and its linkage to change control
• The hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
• Joint Ventures, Alliances and Consortiums
• Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
Shaping tomorrow together