ARK Group is a stabilisation and development company committed to empowering local communities and beneficiaries in conflict, post-conflict, and fragile areas through the provision of evidence-based programmatic interventions, policy recommendations, research and capacity-building. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability, enhancing social cohesion and resilience whist promoting human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
ARK s approach combines mixed-methods research with strong, consistent engagement with local communities and stakeholders to bridge the gap between the aspirations of local communities and the priorities of governmental and multilateral actors, thus informing the design and implementation of relevant interventions. Utilising innovative quantitative and qualitative methodologies to generate data, we deliver, monitor, evaluate and learn from our programming.
ARK believes in enabling local communities to realise their aspirations and potential through the participatory design of projects and programmes that address the drivers and causes of conflict and instability. We are responsive and accountable to the communities we work in because so many of our staff and partners are from those communities.
We value inclusive, academically rigorous, ethically-driven research and participatory design. We are innovators and incubators, finding and nurturing solutions in cooperation with our partners, whilst seeking to bridge the gap between our donors and the communities they wish to support. To the traditional project management disciplines of Economy, Effectiveness Efficiency and Equity, we add Empathy.
With over twenty nationalities in the company, we embrace diversity, nurture opportunity and leverage the youthful enthusiasm of our staff, whilst drawing on the experience and expertise of our more senior staff. We believe in hard work, delivering results that everyone can be proud of, and caring for each other. Our staff are our biggest asset and their welfare is our first priority.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
ARK has been active in Yemen for over a decade. We are currently implementing a project in Yemen supporting local governance structures and civil society organisations to manage and mitigate the effects of the ongoing conflict.
The Project Manager (PM) will work on a Yemen-focused stabilisation project, based from Amman but with travel to Yemen. The PM will line manage project personnel in Jordan and a number of governorates in Yemen, as well as coordinating with donors and key stakeholders in Amman.
• Provide continuous oversight of the project cycle and identify the need for adjustment and improvement of systems and processes to improve efficiency, the optimal utilisation of resources and the quality of deliverables. Review and approve all changes in project plans.
• Assume overall accountability for project delivery, work plan management, project-related paperwork and a high standard of reporting to the donor.
• Ensure all internal and contracted periodic reports are completed on time and to a high quality in accordance with ARK and donor requirements.
• Work with other members of the team to ensure commitment of adequate resources from approved budgets to support project implementation and ensure that budgets are spent in accordance with donor funding and donor regulations within the appropriate timeframe.
• Work with stakeholders to ensure all activities are being implemented on time and according to the project scope.
• Coordinate drafting and provide final review and approval of all major written project deliverables prior to dissemination or submission to the client.
• Supported by the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team, oversee project monitoring and evaluation against overall goals, specific objectives and contracted deliverables.
• Ensure regular interface, coordination and liaison with donors and clients to provide accurate, relevant and timely reporting on project implementation, impact and development opportunities.
• Ensure all staff related issues of the designated project(s) are carried out in accordance with ARK s and the donor s policies and guidelines. This includes recruitment, performance management, procurement, security/Duty of care, safeguarding, staff development and training, and disciplinary action.
• Liaise and coordinate across ARK project teams, headquarters and country offices to encourage sharing of knowledge and resources and effective programme synergies.
• Ensure that the Regional Programme Manager and the Senior Management Team are fully briefed and cognisant of the portfolio, including key successes, obstacles and opportunities for growth.
• Represent ARK in Yemen and work with the Regional Programme Manager and Head of Business Development to identify new programming opportunities in Yemen.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Undergraduate degree, post graduate degree desirable.
• A minimum of 5 years professional management experience, in the areas of stabilisation, governance, youth, research and related fields.
• Demonstrated experience in project cycle management, project-level monitoring and evaluation, budgeting, development and design across a range of projects, as well as active management of diverse teams and cultures.
• Previous experience project managing government-funded projects in Yemen.
• Proven planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven excellent report and proposal writing skills, supported by a high level of attention to detail and the ability to compile comprehensive reports for donors.
• Excellent Arabic and English language skills (these will be tested).
• An established network and access to key stakeholders across Yemen.
• High level of personal adaptability, proactivity, and problem-solving with the ability to work in a fluid environment.
• Tact, social skills, and effective inter-personal communication.
• Commitment to team-building and ability to develop other team members.
ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.