The project officer will work under the direct supervision and reports to the Health Coordinator. S/he will provide operational support to IMC Medical Advisor leading the of new project that aim to improve coverage of surgeries for children with congenital malformation and treatment of critical chronic conditions in all areas.in all areas.
S/he is a member of the health team that includes him/herself, the Medical Advisor, Senior Medical Advisor, and Health Coordinator.
• C oordination
• Field Visits
• S/he will organize the schedule for visits to each PHCC/hospital, ensuring all logistics requirements are addressed in due time
• S/he will schedule the appointments for referrals in coordination with both the patient and the PHCCs/ Hospitals
• S/he will ensure up-to-date communication of the date of the visit to all relevant stakeholders (Patient, PHCCs, and IMC management).
• Patient Follow up
• S/he will ensure timely follow up on diagnostic results making sure to keep a copy of these results in the patient medical record notifying the medical advisor of their availability
• S/he will coordinate with the patient, surgeon, and hospital to schedule an appointment for surgery. Will develop a tool to keep track of initial consultations date and time and place, date of surgery, and dates of follow up appointments for each patient
• S/he should report, on the spot , any challenges, errors, or gaps occurring during implementation to IMC Senior Medical Advisor via both verbal and written communication
• Clinical Duties
• Patient Clinical Assessment (where needed)
• S/he will fill out a complete medical record for each patient undergoing an assessment. This includes: full demographic information, past medical and surgical history, present medical history, best known medication history, allergy history and vital signs. Any referral slips, medication prescriptions, or diagnostics results presented by the patient should be copied and kept within the medical record
• Assist the Medical Advisor during examination
• S/he will ensure that the patient and the care giver understand the logistic and medical instructions all through, documenting and reporting any challenge encountered
• S/he will obtain the treating surgeonspecialist medical report about surgery intervention done and immediate postoperative post procedure outcome for each patient, keeping the report in the patient s medical record
• S/he will obtain the final medical report, based on IMC report form, from the treating physician following the last consultation. This report is to be kept in the medical record
• Perform other duties as requested by line manager
• Adhere to all of IMC s policies and procedures, including Code of Conduct and Security SOPs