ARK Group is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation company that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as delivers evidence-based, cost-effective, impactful programming, in areas of conflict and instability globally on behalf of public and private sector clients.
Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Project Officer will work with the Project Manager to oversee the day-to-day implementation of TSN s Jordan Interventions Project, liaising with partner organisations and service providers to ensure objectives are met within the required timeframe and budget, in accordance with client requirements and international standards. They will also draft narrative and financial reports in line with donor regulations and work with TSN s HR, admin and L&P teams to ensure smooth running of the project.
• Under the supervision of the Project Manager, oversee day-to-day project implementation in Jordan.
• Using Brightworks, develop and maintain work plans, Gantt charts and planning tools to keep track of all activities and ensures deliverables are met on time.
• Produce and maintain project documentation as required, including narrative and financial reports, progress reports, and promotional material.
• Liaise with implementing partners and service providers as needed.
• Support the PM in working with the M&E and R&A teams and communications teams to review existing strategy and approaches, and look to improve the design of projects, campaigns, outputs, outcomes and impact.
• Work with the finance team to ensure commitment of adequate resources from budgets to support project implementation, and ensure that budgets are spent in accordance with donor funding and donor regulations within the appropriate timeframe.
• Work closely with the research team to enable timely response to events on the ground, or to alter activities in response to changing attitudes, in line with the agreed strategy and client stipulations.
• Work with the M&E team overseeing project monitoring and evaluation against overall goals, specific objectives and contracted deliverables.
• As requested by the PM, ensure regular interface, coordination and liaison with donors and clients to provide accurate, relevant and timely reporting on project implementation, impact and development opportunities.
• Support the PM on all staff related issues such as recruitment, performance management, security, staff development and training, and disciplinary action are carried out in accordance with ARK policies and guidelines.
• Liaise and coordinate across TSN project teams, headquarters and country offices to encourage sharing of knowledge, resources and effective programme synergies.
• Help arrange and minute weekly project team meetings and provide an update on progress, issues and changes.
• Minimum of first degree in a relevant field such as international development, political studies, public administration.
•A minimum of 3 years in a project or programme role in complex operating environments, including remote management, preferably in Jordan and/or the MENA region.
•Demonstrated experience in project cycle management, project-level monitoring and evaluation, programme budgeting and programme development and design across a range of projects, as well as active management of diverse teams and cultures.
•Previous experience project managing government-funded (including multi-donor) projects.
•Proven planning, assessment and analytical skills. Proven excellent report and proposal writing skills, supported by a high level of attention to detail and the ability to compile comprehensive reports for donors.
•Excellent English language written and oral skills.
•High personal adaptability, proactivity, and problem solving ability, with the ability to work in a fluid environment.
•act, social skills, and effective inter-personal communication.
•Demonstrated knowledge of the Jordanian and/or Middle Eastern context at the national and local levels and previous experience working in/on Jordan or on Middle Eastern issues.