IECD (Institut Europ en de Coop ration et de D veloppement) is a French non-governmental organization founded in 1988 and operating in the field of social and economic development in partnership with local institutions. IECD s main sectors of action are vocational training and professional integration, assistance to micro and small enterprises and access to education and health for the most vulnerable. In Lebanon, IECD has been operating in the country since 1994 and opened a regional office in Beirut in 2007. ( www.iecd.org )
Semeurs d Avenir is a Lebanese association, created in 2010, registered under the number 1905. It is the operational partner of IECD in vocational and professional training. ( www.sda-lb.org )
Together, IECD and Semeurs d Avenir develop qualifying trainings in sectors with considerable employment potential, and support their educational partners to improve their pedagogical offer and to reinforce themselves on the institutional level. Following the expression of the need for qualified technicians in the electricity sector, IECD and Semeurs d Avenir launched, in 2007, an innovative project that aims to improve technical education through the creation of the BT electrotechnics, the renovation of technical workshops, the training of trainers, the orientation and employment of students, and the reinforcement of partners technical schools through capacity building.
Based on the success of this methodology, IECD and Semeurs d Avenir have reproduced this experience in the field of maintenance, and now aim to extend their project to the renovation of the Higher Technical Level (TS) in electrotechnics.
Semeurs d Avenir therefor seeks to strengthen its projects team by recruiting a Project Manager in charge of Market Analysis.
Under the responsibility of the Project Manager, the Project Officer s mission would be to perform the following activities:
1/ Conducting a market study and analysis of the workplace situation in the electricity sector
• Visit companies and collect labor market data in the electricity sector
• Assist in the design of questionnaires for companies
• Apply the questionnaires with the administrative and technical representatives of the companies
• Organize seminars on technical topics
• Write reports on the results of questionnaires and seminars
• Market study report
• Workplace Analysis report
2/ Conducting assessments of technical institutes
• Visit technical institutes: make an inventory of technical workshops and assess their needs
• Write assessment reports on school visits
• Technical institutes mapping and assessment report
Arab language is compulsory
Education: Engineering degree, preferably in electricity
Experience: 2-4 years, whether in the private, public sectors, or in a civil society organization
• Previous experience in engineering,
• Knowledge of the sector of education and/or vocational training is a plus.
• Good writing skills in English
• Proficiency in Excel
• Good interpersonal communication skills, good representation of public and private partners
• Fluency in Arabic and English are compulsory, French is a plus.
• Autonomous, proactive and flexible
• Intellectual curiosity
• Understanding or interest in education and vocational training
• Ability to manage relationships with very different populations
• Strong organizational skills and interest in working in a team
• Strong interest and motivation for international solidarity and development
• Adherence to IECD values: respect of the person, always in the service of others, a professional commitment
Under the responsibility of: the Project Manager Electrotechnics sector
Location: Based in Beirut field visits over all the Lebanese territory
Starting date: September 2018 for 4 months, renewable on yearly basis
Package: To be defined based on profile
Please send your application in French of English (CV and cover letter) with reference 'Lebanon - ChDP market analysis' to email@example.com