• Within the IT Department, the project and product manager (PPM) is reporting directly to the IT Regional Director, The PPM is responsible of the Sales systems, and implementation of new projects or features related to these systems.
• The PPM has a perfect knowledge of the products he manages and is responsible for leading the projects and maintenance activities.
• For his/her product line applications, the PPM ensures that the applications are in line with the business processes and requirements and ensures the suitability and performance of the applications.
• The PPM is also responsible to coordinate with the suppliers, and implement the change management with end-users.
• Plan and organize the activities of his/her team and gives proper and regular feedback to the management.
• Plan, organise and coordinate projects alongside the business managers (workshops, project reviews, etc.).
• Provide end-to-end project management and ensures compliance with lead-times, costs and quality.
• Suggest any changes in objectives to the business teams (quality, cost, lead-time...) as a result of production constraints or changes to the environment.
• Set up and manage all the indicators required to monitor and manage the project (schedule, costs, performance assessment, and so on) and regularly reports on project progress (Steering committees, Weekly status etc.) .
• Plan and manage the communication with the different stakeholders
• Is responsible for meeting the requirements, budgets and lead-times for the projects in his/her domain.
• Manage and define the priorities of the Product Backlog.
• Check that developments conform to the requirements expressed by the business units during the specifications phase.
• Guarantee the quality of the developed products (non-regression)
• Organize and Monitor the user acceptance tests and training
• Acquire a deep understanding on the software and its administration
• Organize and provide users with guidance on how to use the software tools including training sessions, communications, user guides.
• Provide users with support for acceptance testing.
• Take action in case of any incidents, using the necessary resources (internal or external).
• Structure and populate the knowledge bases to ensure traceability and build knowledge capital.
• Author the product-oriented documentation and standards.
Relationship with suppliers
• Manage relations with suppliers ensuring that the contract signed is respected
• Evaluate and challenge the estimates and the timeline
• Identify and share risks with the management (delivery delays, business impacts)
• Follow-up on the deliverables
Qualification & Experience
• Engineering Degree in Computer Science
• Demonstrated experience (+ 5 years) in IT project management
• Valid PMP Certification or equivalent is preferred
• Strong relationship building skills and experience in partnering with internal/external parties
• Ability to work under pressure in a local/global context.
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal): ability to influence and explain technical concepts and technologies to business teams, as well as business concepts to technical teams.
• Technical background and familiarity with software engineering and day-to-day IT operations.
• People management skills: Ability to lead and manage internal as well as external capabilities. Coaching and team development capabilities
• Results oriented and Problem Solver
• Organization & Planning is a must
• Strong capabilities to challenge needs & solutions
• Energy, positive thinking, excellent communication, teamwork