The primary responsibility of the Proposal Manager is production of competitive proposals and presentations in the private and public sector. The Proposal Manager is also responsible for quality control and mentoring of Projects team in the art of proposal research, writing, and time management to help with their professional development. Lastly, the Proposal Manager is responsible for providing technical and persuasive writing for project profiles and other proposal elements to enhance and enrich the content and message of the firm’s proposal resources.
Work Process and Deliverables
• Coordinate go/no-go decisions with Operations staff.
• Attend pre-proposal meetings and/or interviews when requested.
• Lead the development of competitive proposals for both private and public sector from teaming and pre-proposal meetings through delivery of submittals.
• Develop non-technical proposal sections and tailor project descriptions and resumes as needed. Collect/draft technical proposal sections from past submissions.
• Coordinate with various Hill departments to secure legal and insurance reviews of RFP documents and assist in review of submittals to assure that they are compliant with their respective RFQs/RFPs.
• Help internal clients access accurate information and work samples in a timely manner in all system programs/databases.
• Use Deltek Vision and other database systems to retrieve project and resume information.
• Maintain Deltek Vision calendar (production schedule) of proposals and presentations.
• Prepare and develop materials for meetings, interviews, and presentations. ·
• Coordinate presentation preparation as required.
• Field various support and information requests from other offices and departments.
• Assist Corporate Marketing and Proposal staff with editing services for brochures, flyers, website, and other materials applying the Corporate Style as necessary for consistency as requested.
Process and Personnel Oversight
• Receive and analyze RFPs to develop schedule and task assignments for writing and producing materials in a timely, resource-efficient manner. Mentor proposal coordinators and assistants in department processes and procedures.
• Provide direction and prioritize/monitor day-to-day workload of proposal coordinators/assistants and graphic specialists when required on related projects, and provide overflow resources when necessary.
• Oversee and juggle daily or weekly workload as necessary to meet last-minute emergencies.
• Mentor and grow proposal coordinators and assistants to reach their creative and technical potentials.
• Collaborate with all proposals and graphics staff when necessary.
• Write, collect, manage, and upkeep corporate data.
• Update appropriate areas of corporate databases and network folders with project, resume, or proposal text information after every submission.
• Use Deltek Vision and other database systems to archive opportunity and project information, providing input as required.
• Establish language consistency in existing project descriptions in Vision.
• Develop high-quality project description text for Hill projects and circulate for review and approval by appropriate staff.
• Enter approved and verified data into Vision.
• Develop persuasive text for competitive project descriptions, and proposal boilerplate.
• Work with your regional proposal teams to develop qualifications-based text for use in proposals, qualifications statements, and other marketing materials.
Communication, Collaboration, and Process Improvement
• Work in a team environment to produce competitive proposals and presentations.
• Regularly communicate with offices you support to stay current and up-to-date on their people, projects, strategies, and expectations.
• Work with and listen intently to the needs of internal clients to develop responsive proposal/presentation needs of the firm as such needs evolve.
• Work collaboratively with Business Development, Operations, Management, and Proposal Department staff to aid in the creation of a shared vision of proposal needs of the firm.
• Develop positive, encouraging relationships, particularly with those new to the industry or the firm.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control
• Assist in review of all submittals to assure that they are compliant with their respective RFQs/RFPs.
• Learn and maintain department archiving systems for posting and sharing of proposal and corporate material for use in proposals and presentations worldwide.
• Work closely with Marketing, Proposal, and Business Development staff firm wide to improve the quality of written materials produced.
• Actively take part in process improvement teams to generate and develop marketing materials that are accessible firm wide.
• Advance the quality of all documents produced by the firm.
Via internal and external sources, stay current with industry software and process trends to maintain speed and efficiency in internal systems, applications, databases, and procedures.